Changes v Cats - round 7 2023

Yeah I can see why it isn’t happening yet, but I’d hope it happens a lot more in the second half of the year.

Tbh I’m not viewing it as players being omitted etc. more from a team management thing with a five day break.

4 Likes

we need to turn over as many players as we can against the cats freshen the team up not just think about cats but next block of games as well.

1 Like

And in 4 weeks time we will be closer to the bottom 6 than the top 4

5 Likes

Menzie had some goal chances today but like other weeks did not have the polish or skills.

3 Likes

Yeah which comes down to composure a bit, which can come in time.

3 Likes

Do they still call it Farmer Joe’s round?

It doesn’t really matter who goes out or who comes in. We will get a terrible caning next week and the next four or five games.

Which I think is a good thing for us in the long term.

Caldwell punch to Prince Daicos will be looked at no doubt. Fine for sure…maybe a week? Who knows with MRO.

Who matches up on who in their forward line??

shoulder I think

Why?

1 Like

Out: Laverde (inj), Durham (managed), Menzie, Phillips, Heppell & Davey (sub)
In: Merrett, D’Ambrosio, Hind, Jones, Bryan & Hobbs

B: Redman BZT Kelly
HB: McGrath Ridley D’Ambrosio
C: Martin Setterfield Langford
HF: Perkins Jones Caldwell
F: Snelling Weideman Stringer
R: Draper Parish Merrett

I/C: Bryan Shiel Hobbs Hind
Sub: Davey

4 Likes

Have I got news for you!

3 Likes

We will get ahead of ourselves again.

Going to be a bit nasty, hopefully we don’t lose all of the momentum we had been building nicely prior to 3/4 time today.

What in the hell did Hind do wrong to be left out?
Heppell’s disposal is embarrassing, but, hind paid the piper.
Nino me!

we’re 4-2 and we’re 28 points up at 3/4 time today

i don’t think its at drop the whole team stage yet. but if it were upto me, id drop heppell and menzie and then forced changes. dyson is cooked, and whilst i like menzie, he needs a spell to find some finishing touch

11 Likes

Out: Lav (inj), Caldwell (susp), Phillips (rest) Menzie (dropped), Alwyn (dropped respectfully – few VFL games to learn a bit)

In: Baldwin, Merrett, Bryan, Hobbs, Hind, Tippa sub.