Changes v Melbourne - Sunday 1:10pm

Wouldn’t rule out a late change- Jobe to have a rest?

Give it two-three months and we will revisit this.
Third year in the system now for Conor. His decision making worries me much more than it did last year, bizarre for anyone to suggest it’s a strength of his.

1 Like

He’s hardly a turnover merchant. I feel pretty comfortable when he has the ball though at times he tries to run when he should dispose.

Personally I think he should be given some time to settle in because he can be a seriously dynamic and damaging player from there. I’m not as worried about his contested work as others are.

His decision making with the ball is fine. Maybe even better than Gleeson.

But he’s meant to be a defender and he is still very poor on that side of the ball. I’d want to see him for a run of 4-5 games this year to see if he can tighten it up because there is potential there, but it’s the big weak spot in his game.

This seems to be the common criticism. I don’t remember anyone ever having really got a hold of him though. Sure, like all defenders, he gets caught out of position now and then. For now his athleticism covers up for the fact that he probably reads the game a little slower and he doesn’t zone off in the way most modern defenders do.

4 out 5 games, as you say, are needed to really assess it.

I think he can provide the real half back drive and overlap that we’ve probably lacked for a while

Perhaps he needs to be playing a different role. He has pace in spades and is generally an accurate kick - the other stuff he can learn. Give him a break this is only his third year learning a new footy game and the rules keep changing frequently.

Now Ambrose out. Who picked this ■■■■■■■ team?

A selection committee meets at least once weekly and determines which players are nominated to participate in that week’s fixture.

It’s a fairly common and long standing practise at most sporting clubs at all levels the world over. I’m surprised you’re not familiar with it.

5 Likes

Dea in for Ambrose