Changes v Sydney

This is amazing

For me, this sh_t is reaching SAGA levels of unfairness and injustice. Extreme I know, but the angst for me is at fever pitch. Dees and Port are in Melbourne potentially travelling to Queensland. WTF canā€™t Essendon go back to Melbourne? The club have some explainingā€¦ actually, if this happens there is no explanation to justify whatā€™s going on. None!

6 Likes

What a joke

IN: Guelfi, Clarke
OUT: Zaka, Ham

because

we know where snelling is at in future plans. clarke iā€™m not sure the club has decided.

X: We really want to get back to Melbourne but the AFL told me to stay so :man_shrugging:

Meanwhile other clubs move about as they please

1 Like

Mahoney reckons weā€™re playing in QLD again

Clarke would have been handy on Whitfield. Heā€™s no star but has good size & endurance.
I heard Jones say heā€™ll have the moon boot off next week so he wonā€™t be playing.
Love to have Waterman back - heā€™s hard as nails. They rested him during the 4th quarter - no idea why.
I think thereā€™s something wrong with Walla- Waterman for him.
Would be interesting to see how Hird goes in a better side.
Guelfi in.
Bryan is not a forward and needs more time to develop.
Smith may not live up to his past standards but he does put in & chips in with a few good moments.
Out: Zaka, Ham & Cutler is marginal. Tippa rested/managed?

1 Like

Out: Cutler, Stewart, Ham, Zaka
In: Langford, BZT, Francis, Guelfi

Zerk plays, we win. Simple really.

Then drop Ham, Cutler, Zaharakis or Smith. Snelling deserves games over all of them.

Out: Zaharakis, Ham & Cutler
In: Langford, Guelfi & Francis

B: Francis Stewart Hind
HB: Ridley Laverde Heppell
C: Cox Langford Shiel
HF: Stringer Wright Perkins
F: Walla Hooker Snelling
R: Draper Parish Merrett

I/C: Redman, Smith, Durham & Guelfi
Sub: Ham

Will that fck Reid be playing? Canā€™t wait to make him look like a super star forward

nino itā€™s a long week, dont spend all your tokens on a Monday

18 Likes

The only positives I can really think of is that we appear to have come out of the weekend without further injuries at either the AFL or VFL level.

Aside from a corkie to Hooker which probably brings his 100m sprint time down from 20 seconds to 22 seconds and poor old Tippa with a case of loserā€™s limp.

Shiel has at least got a game into him now and should be better for the run and Langford returns this week. Francis and Waterman are probably ready to come back into things at AFL level. Caldwell may even play VFL this week or next.

1 Like

I think many of us anticipated beating the Giants last night yet losing to the Swans next week.

I would not be surprised one bit (letā€™s face it, itā€™s a very us thing to do) if those results are reversed.

The Swans have a pretty comfortable last three weeks of the fixture, no matter the venue, so they could realistically lose this and still, comfortably, finish 5th or 6th as expected.

We seem to have something in this team that makes it not a very enjoyable experience for Sydney, win or lose, when playing us.

I saw enough in the VFL yesterday against a strong Southport team to think we can make multiple changes next week and for them to have immediate impact.

1 Like

McLean or McDonald.
Then you can dig the boots into Stewart.

Bring in Hird we need a good news story

2 Likes

My good news story is sitting 2 points outside of the top 8 with a healthy percentage after Round 19, when we were predicted to finish (comfortably) in the bottom 3 or 4 this season.

This place (Blitz) has turned in Chernobyl after a two goal loss last night to a similarly placed side to us.

The other good news story? Only Hooker and Zaharakis are likely not to be in that team next year. The rest of the squad from last night have a lot of scope for further improvement and we might just see it against the Swans!

The glass doesnā€™t always need to be half empty.

16 Likes

Agree with that, but Iā€™d note that I dont think it was the scoreboard result as much as the way the team played that has some people upset.

3 Likes

Out: Stewart, Ham, Cutler
In: Francis, Langford, Clarke

Stewart is the weak link in our defense, very lucky not to have had 6-7 kicked on him due solely to poor kicking for goal

Ham is too light to go hard for 4 quarters

Francis and Clarke were our best in the twos, reward performance

Langford straight back in

1 Like