Changes versus Bin Chickens [spec, some year before 2023]

I prefer washed up former player

2 Likes

Potaytoes, potatoes

Fair umpiring would be a lovely change.
A thumping win would be even better. Not a huge fan of tights losses against Swans, had enough of that.
Letā€™s go, 2 in a row.

6 Likes

Iā€™d say terrible and it now seems the people running the club agree.
So many key players who havenā€™t been available or close to match fit until after the bye. Thatā€™s half a season missing key players like Stringer, Jones, Langers and Snelling just from reoccurring injuries.
There is absolutely no way weā€™d be 2 and 6 if this wasnā€™t the case.

Mine wasnā€™t a comment about fitness or whatā€™s happened previously. It was purely a reference to what our injury list will look like this week with a number of players becoming available.

Wasnā€™t anything deeper than that.

2 Likes

Ridley, Waterman, Guelfi

Smith, Ham, Lord

Happy to have Kelly sit this one out, I wanna see our backline without him and see if the cohesion is better this week.

1 Like

I think we will see the following changes;-

OUT: Zerk, Baldwin, Smith, Ham
IN: Ridley, Waterman, Guelfi, Durham

Team;-

Laverde Reid Kelly
Redman Ridley Hind
Durham Parish McGrath
Martin Francis Perkins
Waterman 2MP Guelfi

Draper Caldwell Merrett

Bench: Shiel Hobbs Heppell Bryan
SUB: Cutler

Swans not in great form - theyā€™ve dropped their last 2 and only managed to beat North last month by 11 points so if we bring effort we have to be some sort of chance to win this gameā€¦Comon Donsā€¦!!

1 Like

Ridleys the only rolled gold best 22 player coming back in.

Ridley comes in for Zerk.

Weā€™re a smidge too tall up forward, so Frang or Baldwin come out, probably for Guelfi

And I guess Smith comes back out, probably for Durham

Assuming thereā€™s no further injuries, that is.

3 Likes

If Waterman comes in one of Francis/Baldwin will go out.

They ainā€™t going with Wright, Baldwin, Francis and waterman all in the same forward line plus 2 rucks

Iā€™d offer that Guelfi and Durham have earned their spots already through performance and Rids is an auto in.
So to me itā€™s a relatively easy swap of Zerk, Ham, Lord out for those aforementioned 3. Injuries/forced changes notwithstanding. Guelfi to sub.

Agreed on the others. Cutler/Baldwin/Francis/Waterman all margin calls in reality.

1 Like

I agree with you.
Kelly would also be an auto in I would think.
Team selection will be very interesting.

1 Like

I thought Iā€™d missed oneā€¦ yes definitely, absolutely required to play on Papley.

1 Like

@theDJR , we need your near map account.

Hereā€™s a post I made (five years) earlier.

2 Likes

Due to recent history, i hate these farktards more than the Pies. Hard to believe.

Whoever we put out, I hope they play with the determination of last weeks Q4 and that we bury them in front of their sombre home crowd.

Dons by 7 in a tight tussle.

3 Likes

Kelly magically appeared? Or Cutler to sub and Kelly an in

Might be able to field a VFL side!

Thatā€™s exactly right and exactly what the changes should be. Keep it minimal. Smith out for his mini Pre season and Zerk with his knee/fringe player dropability.

And Ham

2 Likes

Iā€™m concerned about bringing back so many players that have just recovered from the flu. My experience with flu/COVID is that it takes a while to blow out the cob webs. Iā€™d be making no more than 2 changes to a winning side.

5 Likes