Changes vs Bears - Round 2, 2022

Ad for the love god will they do something about Neale and not let him run amok

1 Like

OUT: Draper (suspended) Langford (injured Baldwin (not read yet) Ham (not up to it) Guelfi (will make a great Med. Sub)

IN: Phillips (for Draper) Hobbs (for Ham) Francis (for Baldwin) Stringer (for Langford) Cutler (for Guelfi)

1 Like

How many goals last night? A forward who can actually mark???

You know he will run amok, I know he will run amok but the coaches???

In: Voss ( for hardness), Durham (for effort), Stringer (for everything) Hobbs ( for contested effort)
Out: Ham (for too small & not good enough), Langford (injured) Cox (not doing enough yet)
Guelfi sub

Phillips for Draper if suspended. Maybe even if he isn’t

3 Likes

:sweat_smile:. What a grab though. Gotta love that. And does em so easy

1 Like

I didn’t think Ham was up to it, have a question mark on Guelfi as well.

Not sure how Stringer is suddenly match fit after one week. Maybe?

Wasn’t Francis quite close? I’d debut Hobbs.

Baldwin as ineffective as he was, I’d tend to leave him in. If he got one thing yesterday it was a bit of a lesson in AFL footy.

How far away is a guy like Snelling?

Cutler played yesterday, was decent in a bad bunch I thought

A few players were well down against Cats and need to lift - notably Cox (who we could try forward?), Smith and Heppell to name a few…but it’s round 2 - so no need to throw the baby out with the bath water just yet…!!

OUT: Langford (Inj), Baldwin, Ham
IN: Stringer, Francis, Snelling or Hobbs

B: J Laverde J Stewart Kelly
HB: M Redman J Ridley N Hind
C: Z Merrett D Shiel A McGrath
HF: A Perkins A Francis N Martin
F: J Stringer P Wright D Smith

R: S Draper J Caldwell D Parish

INT: Heppell Cutler Guelfi Cox
SUB: Snelling or Hobbs

1 Like

Cutler was the Medical Sub so if he comes into the 22, then he is counted as an IN. He could replace Guelfi who would come out of the 22 and become the Medical Sub next week.

1 Like

Cox forward. Let him run and jump at the ball, have some shots on goal. Nothing to lose

2 Likes

2MP is not in my list of outs.
But he needs to play better, hold more marks and his ruckwork was terrible yesterday.

He needs some selection pressure. If we had 2 rucks playing well that is an alternate forward setup. At the moment we don’t even have one ruck playing well, so he is safe for now.

Wow he can kick. I don’t think he is a long term answer as a key forward. He double grabs every mark so good defenders can spoil. He can’t get separation on the lead and doesn’t kick goals from open play.

At the moment he is the best option we have but he needs to elevate his game or he will be passed by one of our young talls and his AFL career will be over.

1 Like

Who in the VFL game yesterday played well enough to step up and come into the AFL side?

2MP was double teamed all day. I don’t get the criticism on him.

He would have kick 4 or 5 playing on the other side yesterday

6 Likes

Francis & Stringer will make a big difference to our forwardline so I hope both get up to play - it will take a lot of pressure off 2MP. If we also have 5 goal debutant Martin & Perkins play forward then suddenly our forwardline looks a lot better;-

HF: A Perkins A Francis N Martin
F: J Stringer P Wright D Smith

Also be tempted to play Cox as a tall marking target up there off the bench rather than on the wing where he seems to get lost at times…

1 Like

Seeing stringer at training the other day he looked like an old man with a walking stick I’d be surprised if he played any games this year.

As many game watchers have posted, changing the cattle won’t make much difference if the muster dogs, (must be spending too much time in the Dog Thread), keep herding them into the same places.

Neither is Baldwin?

Not a good sign when a first gamer is by far the best player.
That aside, I was concerned about the weakness around the ball and forwards who couldn’t make the distance from inside 50 or kick with accuracy. With that in mind:

Out: Langford (Inj) In: Francis (Not a great kick for goal but he is hard at it)
Out: Ham (Too weak, doesn’t get the ball enough) In: Durham (Doesn’t get a huge amount either but goes in hard)
Out: Baldwin (Needs to work on his goal kicking) In: Waterman - Accurate kick for goal and long kick for goal
Out: Laverde (if injured) In: Zerk-Thatcher
Out: Smith - If he can’t make the distance from 35 then there is no role in the forward line for him. Maybe try him out in defence in the VFL. In: Stringer.
Out: Draper (if suspended) In: Bryan. (Phillips is probably the better ruck but need to get some more games into Bryan.)

2 Likes

Devon Smith really offers nothing at all. Used to tackle aggressively-gone, used to kick more than 30m-gone, used to have speed and energy- gone.

4 Likes