Changes vs Bin Chickens 2024

These would be my changes

I’d rather be playing Sydney in Sydney than West Coast in Perth next weekend which is a sad indictment of the enigma of this club.

He really wasn’t

1 Like

Draper for Jones.
Parish if not Shiel/Hobbs for Kelly.
Potentially Reid for Laverde.
Maybe Shiel/Hobbs for Menzie.

Can’t play both Kelly and Hepp - maybe in the middle of winter but while the game is fast it’s moronic.

3 Likes

They will run the legs off us if we don’t bring in some speed. Defensively our run was still very slow - from forwards to backs .
We sat next to a guy who’d watched all three games at the G. I asked if we were playing anything like the Swans and he politely & apologetically laughed.

7 Likes

Don’t mind this at all. I’d love to see Hobbs or Shiel in but both might have to wait

Kelly slowed up play, was lost in transition, and couldn’t find a match-up. What did he do that outweighed these factors?

Outs: Jones, Menzie, Reid (inj)
Ins: Draper, Parish, Lav

Hobbs and Hind possibles.

Hobbs might be a good option against Swans. If Parish not ready get him in for Menzie. Draper to play deep forward at the SCG with Wright pushing up. Short bursts in the ruck for Drapes. See if Reid can get up but Lav could match-up on Amartey. Kelly to take Heeney keeps him in the side.

Might need a replacement for Redman which brings Hind into the the frame.

2 Likes

Brad going to have some tough selections

Out: Jones
In: Draper/Caddy

If Redman cops a week Hind comes in

Fun fact. Heppell ran the furthest distance today. 14.7km.

5 Likes

Am I missing something re: Parish? Is he not in the frame to return? Nobody’s mentioning him here.

2 Likes

Who does he go to next week ?

I think the expectation is that he’ll kind of be 50/50 this week and given his soft tissue history over the past few years they will likely err on the side of caution and get him right for the Saints game at home.

Let’s be honest, it mightn’t be a smart use of resources bringing him in against the Swans up in Sydney anyway :grimacing:

4 Likes

The swans have started hot.

I think for a change though the smaller SCG will be to our advantage.

A strong contested scrubby game.

1 Like

Super tom tom

-Heppell stays in.
-LAV, in.
-Cox, lucky but ffs is he a concern!!
-Jones needs 5-6 weeks in the 2s.
-Archie Roberts???hmm, maybe not ready?

I would nearly play Bryan before Draper this week.
Looking forward to the Davey boys in tandem but need to be patient.
Jayden is a definite need.

We lack overall speed. Was evident in the second quarter when Hawks went to a more 1v1 style of defence, we just couldn’t get any seperation from direct opponents, resulting in continually kicking to contests.
Hind and Shiel will help this.
Tsatas hard running in the second half was great to see. He will claim that wing spot if he keeps thst up.
Not convinced with Martin at half back, we would look instantly better offensively with Tsatas and Martin on the wings, but who goes to that half back role?

4 Likes

Agree totally. Watched him close up and he truly was lost at times. Yes he did lots of good things but there was lots of finger pointing, dismay and hand raising over where to be and who to cover and when to attack the ball in defence - they were all areas that he showed a lack of awareness. Whether to persist or not will be up to the coaches of course.

3 Likes

These ■■■■■ will break our heart again and beat us by a point.

Awesome he can retire and become a marathon runner

5 Likes

Please don’t say this I’m going :sob::sweat_smile: