Changes vs Bin Chickens 2024

Heppell definitely needs to be dropped. Kelly not far behind. Jones runs all day but I’m not sure that’s what we have him in the side for. He needs to start taking marks up the ground otherwise it’s VFL for him.

Hobbs and Draper would have to come back in if Parish hasn’t recovered and I’d take out Heppell and Jones.

Out Hep, Jones, Reid

In Hobbs, Draper, Hind as Sub.

In: Draper, Laverde, Parish (if fit, Tsatas if not)
Out: Reid, Jones, Heppell

Cox going nowhere. Was good

2 Likes

McGrath McKay Laverde
Redman Cox Martin
Duursma setterfield tsatas
Stringer Wright Caldwell
Gresham Langford guelfi
Goldstein Durham Merrett
Perkins hind draper hobbs
Sub. Menzie.

In. Laverde , hind,draper,Hobbs
Out. Reid(inj) Jones,Heppell,Kelly.

1 Like

Tsatas starts, otherwise no changes for mine. Bring Draper and Parish back for the Saints.

In: Hobbs, Draper
Out: Kelly, Jones
Laverde for Reid if necessary

Swap Menzie and Hind and you have a pretty good team.

However, I can’t see Heppell or Kelly being dropped !

Heppell was fine against the hawks. Think jones and Kelly have to go. Especially considering it felt like Kelly was playing wing. Id go go with
Tsatas for Kelly
Laverde for Reid
Draper for Jones
With hind playing sub against the swans

2 Likes

Hind or Hobbs playing the sub role?

Interested to see what the status for Parish is.

1 Like

Sydney will rinse us I reckon.

I’d drop or change position for Duursma. His turnovers and mis kicks will be amplified on the SCG.

I want to persist with Jones for a little bit.

Early thoughts are;-

OUT: Reid, Kelly, Menzie
IN: Lav, Hind, Hobbs

Team;-

Cox McKay McGrath
Redman Lav Martin
Merrett Setterfield Durham
Stringer Jones Gresham
2MP Langford Guelfi

Goldy Perkins Hobbs

Bench: Tsatas, Caldwell, Hind, Heppell
SUB: Duursma

1 Like

In: Draper, Hobbs, Lav
Out: Jones, Kelly, Reid

It’s the SCG, we need inside grunt.

2 Likes

They certainly are sharp. I do think we have the talent to match them but the side isnt playing like it.

I had completely forgotten about Shiel. We need more pace.

In: Tsatas, Shiel/Hind
Out: Kelly, Reid

Harsh but maybe Lav for Cox

Shiel needs a few games in the VFL to be really ready to go, but yes, his speed is an advantage, but on SCG the grunt of Hobbs may be more useful. Give Parish one more week off before releasing him back into action and keeping the pressure on others to keep them desperate to hold their positions in the team. Draper’s bullying up forward instead of Jones may help as well.

4 Likes

Thanks. I really didn’t put enough thought into this. Agree, Jones back to VFL. And Hobbs should definitely be in. Shiel doesnt sound like hes ready yet.

Tough week at the selection table.

I agree we got exposed for pace at times and if anything Bin Chickens have more pace. However I am pretty sure we will go a different route (it is the Essendon way).

I think we will do:
Lav & Draper for Reid & Jones

I would like:
Hind, Lav, Hobbs & Shiel for Hepp, Reid, Jones & Menzies

Hind or Shiel start as sub

Tsatas was impressive today, but it is a long season ahead.
I’d be reluctant to start my 19 year old jet against the Swans in Sydney, where they play like thugs with impunity from the umps. Kelly gets another run on the wing because we could do with his size, fitness and aggro against the Swans, and he can cover in defence.
Duursma out for Hobbs.
Draper, if 110% ready, for Jones.
Lav for Reid.
Back to Lav, Hep and Kelly in the side is not ideal, but they are warriors and without Ridley, Baldwin and now likely Reid, we need them.
Happy for Tsatas to start sub again, then definetely in to the 22 for St. Kilda, along with Hind and Shiel. Horses for courses. We need pace and run for St. Kilda, size and grunt for the Swans at the SCG.

2 Likes

Mate it’s not the 80’s, he’s no stick and it will be great experience for him.

7 Likes