Changes vs Blues

And emphasise their basic common sense.

1 Like

Potentially there is not a need to play another tall.

Stewart and stringer can play as the two talls, especially given the inclement weather. Stringer deeper.

6 Likes

The season has been nothing but a disaster want it to end,sad thing is we’ll probaly still be s*** next year.

1 Like

Agree wet weather we need contested runners.

Bring in Raz, Langford, Clarke, Redman

2 Likes

IN: Guelfii, Fanta, Langford and Clarke
OUT: Bags, Myers (resting that big body), JOEDAN (inj), Walla (inj)

Stewart and Stringer will be fine playing forward in the wet.

You’ll be happy about the skies falling down on Saturday then.

2 Likes

Out: Daniher, Baguley, McNeice, Parish & Laverde
In: Hartley, Fantasia, Redman, Clarke & Guelfi

B: Ambrose Hartley Saad
HB: McKenna Hurley Redman
C: Zaharakis Heppell McGrath
HF: Fantasia Stewart Smith
F: Tippa Hooker Stringer
R: Bellchambers Clarke Zerrett

I/C: Goddard Myers Guelfi Mutch

Out: Daniher, Baguley, McNeice, Parish, Laverde, 50’% of handballs
In: Fantasia, Guelfi, Redman, Langford Hartley, long kicking in the wet

B: Ambrose Hartley Saad
HB: McKenna Hurley Redman
C: Zaharakis Heppell McGrath
HF: Fantasia Stewart Smith
F: Tippa Hooker Stringer
R: Bellchambers Langford Zerrett

I/C: Goddard Myers Guelfi Mutch

80% chance of heavy showers according to BOM. It’s probably going to be highly contested and low scoring.
This is a great opportunity to debut Clarke I reckon, given his strengths.
No Langford, he was attrocious last year in the wet when we had a chance to win.
Someone I remember being good in the wet is Hartley. Dea is an obvious choice too.

1 Like

Redman is in good form. Warrants selection.

We don’t need to bring in someone like Hartley or McKernan to replace Joe. Firstly we have been too tall anyway and secondly it will be wet.
I’d be looking at Fantasia, Langford, Clarke and Redman.
Ambrose and Hurley down back, Stewart and Stringer up forward with Hooker having the ability to float is tall enough.
If Hooker stays back then a forward line consisting of Stringer, Stewart, Laverde and maybe Langford is enough.

4 Likes

Would be a perfect time to trial just stewart and stringer as big bodied forwards and go with the small defensive mindset that is the norm now.

6 Likes

This is a COACHES’ game.
Wet weather match and team under the pump needs the coaches and match committee to be clever and brave with team selections and thought-out game plan /strategy for wet weather football. Perfect opportunity to get the players to refocus the mindset on this game.

10 Likes

Just bring in players to address deficiencies as highlighted by Robert Shaw … oh, and I like his little dig at the coaches too

“Too many complex theories about @EssendonFC. 3 point focus.

1. Basic inability to apply or absorb pressure.
  2. Failure to cope (plan) for opposition press = indirect and indecisive ball movement.
  3. Mids can’t defend oppo transition due to = 15th-18th in applying forw pressure.”
4 Likes

Nope - you need another big body up forward in the wet to compete in the clinches especially when Stewart goes into the middle .
Smack could be handy Saturday in a cameo appearance.

hopefully we don’t go to water

ENTER THE LANGFORD (swapping with STRING in the guts)

With big rains over the next two days in Melbourne, you’d hope the players will do drills outside to get some wet weather football practice.

1 Like

one would hope