Changes Vs FC

“How can I get out of my contract?”
“Will you guys trade for me?”
“Can you text me Dodoro’s phone number?”
“Can I have number 12 next year?”

And so on…

6 Likes

People are dropping Hooker after one poor game? Blitz, please.

4 Likes

McKay could kill us and we need to have a plan. Stopping him will take not just the correct match up, but also a full back six effort.

There was a game against North a couple of years ago where we stopped an in form Ben Brown with both Hurley and Ambrose working together on him. Need something similar to that.

1 Like

Yeah full ground defence and pressure up the ground super important. But our lack of a really big defender is of concern. Didn’t matter against the Saints when we blanketed King and starved him of opportunities.

That’s how we need to beat Carlton, starv them of opportunities.

Maybe we Bring Reid in to stop McKay, did a solid job on Hipwood.

Injury update on Francis will be interesting the time frame on his ankle sprain.

1 Like

In: Reid

For the melts when Carlton realize they could have had him instead of Saad

7 Likes

We bring our trade mark forward half pressure that we are starting to see then Carlton will cop a flogging

There was some suggestion that hooker was struggling with a groin yesterday on the radio.

Maybe we play Hooker back this game

Nope, never. We are still rebuilding and this year is about development, need to have the players play in defence together for longer.

7 Likes

Yup - Stewart should be the oldest bloke down there for the foreseeable future

If Hooker is sore that makes it interesting,

Out: Hooker, Francis
In: Reid, Ridley,
Replace Zaka with Waterman as sub.

would be good for Reid to star and Saad to be a turnover merchant, so Blues can see what they are missing out on.

Carlton starting off as favourites.

I’m okay with that

3 Likes

Given they cotton wooled Stewart this weekend wonder if it was due to knowledge of Hooker being a little hampered

Just trained Stewart hard to give him some AFL level game loads etc but didn’t risk him in the VFL game

Then again Ambrose is also working his way up to being ready so he could come in also

2 Likes

Ridley on McGovern would be a waste. McGovern is largely ineffectual, Ridley needs a harder match up. All the focus is on McKay these days, Casboult is also not performing as well as he can, while Eddie missed three shots on goal, when ordinarily you would mark him down for at least two of those as goals.

wont be for long I reckon. Squiggle analytics has Carlton for the win at ~51-53%, by 2pts…

It’s gonna be a tight one, expect we’ll start favourites by Sunday.

1 Like

Injuries to Francis and stewart (doubt he will be back first up at AFL level) really hurt as these are the only 2 that can keep McKay under 4-5 goals

Blitz gonna collapse when hindy runs down saad.

3 Likes

I want to see
Laverde to Casboult
Zerk to McGovern
Reid to Harry McKay
Ridley to float and support