Changes vs Gold Coast

Jones should have had a goal to his name. That ball bounce was cruel :joy:

9 Likes

Jonesā€™s willingness to chase and pressure is something being overlooked here. Yes we want him to get more of the ball, but as has been said, heā€™s hitting the scoreboard most weeks and pressuring the opposition. As he adds size he will hopefully have more impact.

10 Likes

Jones is almost there.

Yes his numbers look terrible but his positioning is good.

Almost takes some cracking marks
Almost kicks some goals.

I really hope he arrives and has a day out before the end of the year. Not much pressure on his spot.

8 Likes

This is from the AFL website. Come on, convince me that this weeks game hasnā€™t already been played and won by the Suns!

For some reason the article references their Richmond game.

5 Likes

In: Redman, T Hird (or Menzie)
Out: Mass(inj), Ham(omitted)

. Durham got a knock but should be OK.
. Phillips maybe doubtful as he looked lame near the end. Maybe swap him out for Bryan if they want another ruck this week.
. Toss up with Snelling but think heā€™ll get another shot at working back into some sort of form.

In: Redman and McBride. Time for McBride to have a run in the AFL

Out: Phillips (looked sore and unable to run), Massi Dā€™A (injured hip)

And dare I say it, Ham stays as the medical sub. Nobody else deserves to be dropped, so that is why he stays, unfortunately. Snelling needs to stay despite his poor game. He needs time after a long injury lay-off. Jones to, needs more time as well.

McBride as a fwd/ruck chop out this weekend would get my attention. Why not, that would be great to see.

And heā€™s coming to the time in his journey with us where we probably have to make a call soon one way or the other so what better time.

5 Likes

weā€™ve made the call, heā€™ll be delisted

1 Like

I think weā€™ll demolish Gold Coast at Marvel.

1 Like

It will be an orgy of contested marking

Anderson and Rowell were just on the couch - said their aim is to play finals.

Thatā€™s a superstition isnā€™t it? Donā€™t mention finals or youā€™ll jinx it?

2 Likes

The Suns are all the rage in the weekly media reviews this week.

And why wouldnā€™t they be? Beating the Tigers after the siren.

Guest stars on ā€˜On The Couchā€™, SEN interviews, lead story on the Monday footy discussions, finals chat etc

Always interesting before playing a young team like this. Hope the bathwater, for their sake, goes down the drain and nowhere else.

4 Likes

The outcome will be proof of young and upcoming sides

Lots of media publicity for the Suns win hopefully it gets to their head and we send them crashing back to earth fck them

1 Like

Hope we smash them and give them a reality check

1 Like

I donā€™t think we are capableā€¦yet. It was like having teeth pulled getting to 100 points on the weekend.

Messed up a lot of opportunities by poor entries into the forward 50.

2MP at Marvel is a pretty good option. Youā€™d expect Stringer to start firing. Hopefully Snelling too.

1 Like

Quarter time:
Essendon 15.4 Gold Coast 0.1

Jye Menzie 8.2

13 Likes

This is the best Gold Coast side weā€™ve ever played in their 11 years in the competition.

This will be a real test of not only our developing maturity but theirs.

I think if the game was at Metricon or Darwin, Suns comfortably. The venue this time might decide the game. Crowd will have a big say because theyā€™ll be lucky to have 50 fans there.

1 Like

First time we play Suns at Marvel since 2016 i think what a fcking joke

We shouldnā€™t have to play at that ā– ā– ā– ā–  ground Metricon for the next few years

1 Like