Changes vs GWS (2020, round 10) - speculation

MOZZIE

Have you now received an update that Joe will NOT play?

ā– ā– ā– ā– .

My sources have gone quiet, but it is believed that he potentially could return to game in some form. COD, scratch match, chess, AFL - yet to be decided by club doctors.

2 Likes

would seem Connor is training (goal kicking) with the forwards today.

Zaka, Phillips, training, cant see Belly??

Who usually participates in the captains run? (named + emergencies)

So where is this sh-t carnt cracker team to disappoint me tomorrow night?

Fkn wanker club.

12 Likes

Yeah, letā€™s break him too!

I disagree. Richmond play two forwards and two rucks. It works really well because at any given time, they have enough targets inside 50. I really like their structure. Mabior Chol is essentially a mobile 3rd tall. Draper and Francis is a much better duo than TBC and Draper.

We usually go with one ruck, one tall (McKernan) who is required to ruck and a bunch of mid-sized/small forwards. We end up with Townsend at 187cm being our main target inside 50 when McKernan rucks. We need McKernan to be our full-time forward because our dominance in the middle at times goes unrewarded. Against Brisbane we went with Stewart as our main target + a resting ruckman (Draper/TBC). Collingwood set up similarly to us. Neither of us can score.

We should look at how we structured in 2017 as a guidance. Hooker should play permanently forward for the rest of the year.

2 Likes

No Belly or Cahill at the captains run today.

Training that didnā€™t play last week - Langford, Mckenna and Smack (Philips and Guelfi probably emg)

Take it to the ā€˜Where is this sh-t carnt cracker teamā€™ thread.

Phillips also trained

CHE COCKATOO-COLLINS

Parish there?

had a hat on

1 Like

Look out Ridley. Heā€™ll be a HFF before we know it.

ā€œWell heā€™s a great intercept markā€¦soā€¦letā€™s move him forward because we have no one who can mark!ā€ high fives

None of that has any relevance to our side, tho.

Why not?

Do you think Chol is in any way similar to TBC (or Phillips or Draper)?

Do you think Stewart is in any way similar to Lynch?

Ditto McKernan/Reiwoldt?

Weā€™re much better off picking a structure to best suit our (available) list - not theirs.

No way known we can afford to pick a 3rd tall fwd/2nd ruckman.

1 Like

I donā€™t think they are similar, but:

• McKernan can take a contest mark and that is an area weā€™ve lacked in
  • Stewart cannot play as the main target inside 50. He plays like a 3rd tall.
  • Phillips in the ruck gives us more than McKernan does. He can also take a contested mark and bring the ball to ground.
  • Not sure about Draperā€™s ability to hit the scoreboard, but at least heā€™s a mobile ruckman that can bring the ball to ground.

We very much struggle with our inside 50 efficiency because we donā€™t have many players who can either take a contested mark or bring the ball to ground for our crumbing forwards.

And with comparisons, Iā€™d say Lynch/Mckernan, Reiwoldt/Stewart, Chol/Draper and Soldo/Phillips. Obviously Richmondā€™s list is much better, but that reads better than Lynch/Townsend, Riewoldt/Stewart, Chol/ McKernan and Soldo/Draper.

Obviously it isnā€™t ideal without Daniher and Hooker available, but I think we should maintain a structure that works over an ineffective structure. Weā€™ve targeted Townsend the most out of any player inside 50 this year. That simply isnā€™t sustainable. Ideally weā€™d have Lynch/Daniher, Reiwoldt/Hooker, Chol/McKernan or Stewart, Soldo/Draper. I donā€™t think we should change from that structure.

Until Daniher is available, we should play McKernan and Stewart permanently in the forwardline.

1 Like

So would you play 2 ruckmen or not?

So looking forward to floggin this ā– ā– ā– ā–  house team who say they are from the west of Sydney. West of Sydney being all of the riverina and a few others.