Changes vs GWS Round 11

Ideally sure, but I’m not sure we’ve got a ton of spots that need fixing - ideally a Colyer, a Myers, and a Hartley ??

Not the worst idea.

1 Like

2 changes:

Outs: Stewart & Hartley
Ins: Ambrose & Bird

1 Like

People calling for Tbell to get dropped? Seriously need to have a hard look at who we are up against…

Also what exactly did he do wrong?

Who comes off the elevated list for Ridley?

I’d like to see mcniece in and Conor shifted to the wing

Ran out of gas after half time. Tom played ok but we can’t play two rucks. Leuey is the top dog and comes straight back in. Leuey is actually the second best tackler in our side and we missed him badly last night

Gee, thought Essendon might be a chance against an injury depleted GWS but looking at their effort in the west my view has altered

Changes
Out: TBell, Myers, Hartley, Trav
In: Luey, Langford, Ambrose, Jerrett

Langford in for myers to play inside mid role rest fwd.
Trav out, Jerrett another crack? Possibly even stanton back in as a outside mid.

Scary list?

9-10 of their best 22 out and they get up out West.

Rapt they won, means they might let their guard down which we will absolutely need if we’re a chance.

1 Like

Six day break for them including a trip home from Perth, plus they still have some injuries.

The next Virgin flight from Perth to Sydney leaves at 11:15pm WA time and arrives in Sydney at 6:15am eastern time. If they alternatively stay in Perth again tonight they then have just four days to turn around and play us.

You won’t get a better chance at playing GWS at GWS than this.

Time for Essendon to get fair dinkum and knock these arseholes off.

7 Likes

I was behind the bench at he VFL last night and Mutch seemed to be struggling with injury late. He was being tested with short run throughs but couldn’t shake the limp. So I don’t know if he will be available for selection this week.

Thanks, can you see anyone else capable of stepping up ?

Can we change the run & gun playing style a bit? Changing the personnel won’t matter. We will look great for a half or so then fade out. I like 3 talks up forward but we have to play to this strength. Hooker and Stewart plodding around the wing won’t do it.

GWS have had two tough matches and squeaked through. Could be due for a let down.

Need to do something different.

Hocking was the emergency - might have been interesting to see him play on Martin.

Myers out - Hocking in.

Agree with the criticisms of Colyer but I would persist with him until the bye. Like his pace.

1 Like

I like the role Merrett is playing down back, haven’t seen enough of other VFL games to know if he warrants a call up, but I’d have him ahead of stants from what I saw last night. Do they go back to Howlett?
Langford looks Good when he has it but didn’t get involved enough from my viewing last night.
Bird maybe but not sure they want another in with questionable foot skills.

1 Like

Big fan of that idea

4 Likes

Except Benny isn’t quite ready yet.

it’s funny, not only aimed at you, but coyler puts in a stinker or two and he should be dropped.
zaka gets it 30 plus odd times, butchers it just as much, and there’s little to no pressure around here on him.

goes to show people are still way to blinded by the disposal stat alone.

that being said hurley had the most turnovers, and yet i’m betting no one would say drop him haha.

What we were lacking was ticker.