Changes vs Port Round 12

Paddy Ryder’s last quarter performance against us in 2015 was classic Essington and typical Paddy.

Waited nearly 10 fkn years for him to produce up forward and win a game and it takes him playing against us for him to fkn do it.

9 Likes

Langford over 30 touches in the VFL Today. Would like to see mutch and the Langford given a go for Stanton and Howlett, Who offer fark all

We just need to give our forwards more chances. Every farkin game we only get it in the fifty a few times. Changes for me this week would be three in the midfield

Out: Stewart, Myers, Howlett,
In: Francis, Langford, Mutch,

3 Likes

Would love this

Will not see this

Too bad if you don’t see it HAP.

The Coaches know what they have, who’s ready, who needs to work on things, and what they are doing, … no one else does.

To include Francis right now on the back of his efforts since failing last time, is frankly fkn laughable for a start.

2 Likes

He was playing on arguably the most dangerous small forward in the comp, who has surprisingly good strength and marking ability. I thought he probably just lost the matchup, but putrid? No way

1 Like

Not sure how you can make a comment considering you’re not a coach.

6 Likes

Just going on reports, evidence at hand, and what I saw last week V Richmond.

Should have added an IMO.

2 Likes

Yeah look, I’m not sure he’s ready either, but the guy who took his spot isn’t setting the world on fire.

More games into Francis can’t be a bad thing imo.

1 Like

Ah, the old “I’m only going to nod along, and the fact I’m not saying anything original means I’m smarter than you anyway” approach.

Get your nads out and tell me why you think I’m wrong, without reverting to “the coaches…”. Won’t kill you

3 Likes

Well, … many thought he did better than I did last week, … but he certainly didn’t put his hand up yesterday either by all reports.

Didn’t rate a mention from the Coach or others in 2 articles, and observers had not much positive to say,… so it would seem really unlikely.

I have a suspicion he might be having a bit of a sook,… or a “Buck” if you will, after getting dropped back, … which is only strengthened a bit now by reports of flying for unrealistic hangers all afternoon yesterday.

I told you why I think you’re wrong, … you must have missed it.

I don’t understand this whole, ‘Yay, Langford did well as a mid in the VFL - let’s drop Stewart for him.’ thing.
Maybe I’m getting the vibe wrong, though.
Or is Francis the Stewart replacement?

I’d love to see Francis playing senior football. But after watching him on Saturday he looks a mile off having the run needed to keep up with the defensive structures.
And I don’t see how having him walking around the forward 50 in the VFL is going to get him there.

Not against giving him a go, I just don’t expect him to play the role, or any sort of role, as well as existing senior players.
Which, again, fine. If that’s the expectation.

Leuenberger in for Stewart; Daniher permanent CHF.

Langford in for Howlett

McKenna in to the midfield.

1 Like

No, you’ve said why the coaches think I’m wrong. I get the emails too.

I’d like you to give yourself the credit of putting your ideas out there. Hint, if you type something that starts with “the coaches…”, that’s not your thoughts.

1 Like

In my case -
Langford playing as mid/fwd. So the sum result would be -fwd, but +mid. Which is what we need, I think.

1 Like

I understand the thinking there.
I don’t agree with it enough.
I think having Stewart in the side makes everyone’s job a little easier.
Having Langford play that role would also do that, but…refer point a.

But if he is brought in to play half midfield…okay, so Myers takes the rest (I know, it’s more complicated than that but speaking broadly) of his mid minutes…
And that…helps?

1 Like

I have Howlett out also. Langers in the guts, resting forward.

1 Like

They kinda confused things at the start of the year by playing Langford as the nominal 3rd tall forward but also giving him midfield time.
Now it’s Stewart’s job full time, and we’re getting some more midfield minutes out of, as you say, Myers and co; and they’re setting Langford as a full-time (ish) midfielder.
I guess people are suggesting we go back to Langford as the 3rd tall forward even despite the role he plays in he VFL.

No more crazy an idea than bringing in Howlett for Green/Francis/Parish.

1 Like