Changes vs Port - Round 4 - Time to “Pay the Fine”

Tired of over estimating Blitzers.
Please hashtag #gloomers to clarify intentional idiocy.

1 Like

Sure.

Sure

haha - sorry, thought you may have thought we were at the G for some reason.

Sure

1 Like

If your car’s not running well, do you swap out the seats?

Yes because recaros make it go faster.

Would hate to see what this place would be like if we put in another poor performance today

No, I wouldn’t.

I also wouldn’t create a car analogy where the playing personnel are equivalent to the seats, a part with no input into how the car performs. I view the playing personnel as slightly more important to performance then that.

I’m at inflatable world with the kids tryi g to burn off nervous energy. I hate Sunday afternoon games.

4 Likes

He’s not wrong. Even the supporters are different.

They’re perfectly happy to see Chris Scott get sacked despite being in 8 prelims in 11 years because they demand better.

We lose a regular season game against a bottom 4 side and it’s “oh the boys tried” etc

And the CEO apologizes to the playing group.

2 Likes

Fair enough - analogies suck.
I did explain it in footy terms somewhere, but the question still arises, so I figured people just didn’t get it. Or that I’m wrong.

Brisbane should’ve beaten Port at home last week… not so good yesterday.
It’s an odd comp at the moment. There’s no great side going around: turn up switched on, carry that focus for 4 quarters and you can win.

2 Likes

Motlop…spins, kicks, goals it, his SIXTH

CRAZY GOOD

It’s PARTY TIME for the Power

6 Likes

Thanks for that insight, Wallsy.

Today is sort of weird. After last week, I almost dont give a toss if we are pathetic again and get done… by how much who cares.

I want to see some effort at the very least or I’m gone for the year. Lid welded shut.

That said, we better win, and win well or I wont be convinced we can do anything great this year.

1 Like

Anything could happen today. We could come out and kick the first 5 in a row, or Port turn up and it’s game over in the first 5 mins.

1 Like

If that is the case, what the hell are the coaching staff there for - to be a sounding board for ideas from and to the playing group - to observe and do nothing else - because the players make any changes on the field required, they don’t need instruction. What the f**k!!!

Why not sack them all? Let the playing group coach the team, that leaves the club more money in the petty cash tin. (joke) Geat plan Woosha, it removes any responsibility, lets the coaching group off the lead. Its simply a matter of … execution. Whose may I ask?

Exactly. I honestly dont know whether I should be emotionally invested or not.

Game day

Time to kickstart our season into gear. If not now, then when.

We have the talent to beat them, just need to turn up with the right attitude

2 Likes