Changes Vs Priority Picks 'R' Us

Brisbane doctor came in swearing and pulling at Peverill from behind. Sex God sat him on his rotund ■■■■ in a comical pratfall.

Doctor got fined $2000 ($1500 for the interference, $500 for staging). Sex God was fined $3500.

http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2004/06/13/1087065029599.html

4 Likes

That just might be the funniest line I’ve ever read in a training/injury update.

5 Likes

I heard Laverde was training on one foot yesterday.

4 Likes

Whether we make the 8 at the end of the year could well depend on %. We need to win every game we possibly can by the biggest margin we possibly can.
This season is not just about 4 points every game.

The middle leg

3 Likes

I would rather rusty hooker than an injuried one. For me its jot worth the risk

1 Like

Yours has a foot?

2 Likes

10/10

In length?

1 Like

Gold!

i wouldn’t leave green out, who knows he might have a thriller against his old side. i would leave langers, smack and howlett out for parish, hooker and the big bad begley

I was referring to McKernan.

Why Begley?

You do realise his numbers in the magoos are not even close to The Langford’s?

1 Like

They play in different positions

Not sure you drop Langford- he played his role and really after vfl form needs a fair run i would think !!!

drop Langford after 1 game…

1 Like

Lol to those suggesting Langford out, played 6 really solid VFL games and has earned the right to have more than one ■■■■■■■ game in the seniors.

6 Likes

Man I wish we had a gif of this.

1 Like

I wouldn’t drop Langford or McKernan -
a- their returns were on the back of more than promise. They put in hard yards to get a toe-in and should be rewarded. it’s also for the message to the other players - especially fringe/young ones.
b- both seem to be confidence players. Would have been alot of nerves before returning last week (it’s not that they ame back from a 3-week injuries, rather form/role related). might see more to like this week,
c- both haven’t been given a fair run in defined positions. like in any job - you have to give the employee a defined mission and also allow ample tools and time to perform it.

in order not to stay in theory or only “what not”, I suggest:

1. to allow for bringing in Hooker (if fit) - rather drop Stewart that McKernan.
    a, it will allow Joe more freedom than alongside Stewart.
    b. still haven’t seen what McNernan can do as a 3rd tall whcih he wasn’t last week. he could cause huge headaches besides Joe and Hooker.
    c. for once - let’s see McKernan play when the circumstances are in his favor - not as an undermanned ruckman against a gorilla, not as a 2nd forward in slippery conditions away vs Sydney, etc. We may be surprised.

2. to allow for bringing in Parish - it’s either Howlett or Green
    a. if Howlett - it’s a straight swap.
    b. if Green - it means Tippa/ Raz/ McG have their roles tweaked acc. to the decision).

3 Likes

I’d drop McNernan for Hooker in a heartbeat. Not sure Hooker will be ready though. We’ll have to wait and see.
And I wouldn’t be dropping Stewart for McNernan either. Reckon there is a way better player developing in him than McNernan has ever been able to become. And he’s had many years, at two clubs, to produce it. Time to move on. And I have no idea why anyone would want to pull apart a forward line that not only works, but is the best we have had for years. Many years.

8 Likes