Changes vs Ross Lyon football

They’re not like for like. Laverde will remain until at least Ridley comes back.

I would hope so but With Reid out,Scott will want another tall down back

Even if King isn’t playing?

1 Like

You think they’d still bring in a tall as replacement. Caminiti perhaps.
Ross tends to like a certain structure and system.

OUT: Heppell Menzie Wright

IN: Redman Davey Jones

Jones - not Caddy ?

1 Like

Definitely but I just cant picture it with Brad Scott.

1 Like

How the ■■■■ is Lav not omitted

2 Likes

Because Reid, Baldwin and Ridley are all injured.

Unless we roll the dice on Hayes but he’s likely a year off being ready.

1 Like

I dont care if jayden davey might be a bit raw, menzie has had a poor pre season and poor 2 first games. Swap them

7 Likes

I’ll play a player short then

1 Like

It was an exciting goal (and awesome to see him out there), but he’s played one real game in how many years?

Hope he gets his chances this year, but raw is probably an understatement at the moment.

Who cares. Make him sub if need be. Menzie offers nothing

This club is allergic to blooding kids, even if they might not be completely ready. Our VFL team is a joke. Bring him and caddy in next week, give them a taste

2 Likes

Honestly I just don’t want to risk him getting hurt again. Feel like getting another few games into him might help.
Definitely willing to accept this just being a “me” thing though.

Caddy on the other hand I’d be all for.

1 Like

Menzie gets dropped for missing that goal from the rushed free.

2 Likes

Do we really get enough from both Draper and Goldstein? I know they both bobbed up for goals, but more often than not we’re just effectively a player down.

1 Like

I’m not sure I’d be willing to make a judgement after their first game together.

I’d argue we’ll get more from them than we did when Draper and Flip played together last year though

Peter being out will probably mean we need the two rucks.

But if there comes a point when Goldstein gets games at the expense of Caddy or truly finding out about Jones, then we are aimless.

1 Like

Saints will be a big challenge for a whole different set of reasons.
They’ve got a few guys - Owens, Windhager, Steele, others I can’t think of now - who are fierce at the contested ball.
Will be interesting to see who among our group will front up to that kind of intensity.

I set out to list how few of our guys I’d feel assured of their putting their heads over the ball 10 times out of 10.

It turns out there are more of them than I’d guessed. Caldwell, Setterfield and Laverde won’t shirk a contest. Hobbs and Durham have lost a skerrick of trust after tonight’s performance, but I’m willing to consider it an aberration. Then there are smart players who find a way around butting heads and still manage to impact the contest, Langford and Stringer among them.

Anyway, there are going to be plenty of opportunities for others to show a bit of grit next week. Reckon there’ll be a lot of ground ball contests and wanna see how Cox, Martin, Tsatas, etc. acquit themselves.

2 Likes

OUT: 2MP, Heppell, Hind, Menzie, ADavey
IN: Caddy, Redman, Ridley, Parish, Kelly

Cox McKay Lav
Redman Ridley McGrath
Merrett Setterfield Martin
Perkins Stringer Duursma
Draper Langford Gresham

Goldy Durham Parish

Bench: Caldwell Hobbs Kelly Caddy
SUB: Tsatas

3 Likes