Changes vs Sydney Tough Guys - 2022 round 16 @ 1.45pm

Ins - Menzie, Voss, Parish, Reid

3 Likes

Now remember what Parker did in the last game?

If our players don’t lay 100 tackles minimum and smash Parker’s head into the ground, they are ■■■■ weak.

15 Likes

Not only will nothing happen, Parker could do the exact same thing again, and our players still wouldn’t react. Let’s just forget about smashing Parker, shall we??.

23 Likes

I know this bleak season is all blending into one, but I swear we played Sydney, like, 2 weeks ago.

34 Likes

Yep, they will bash us up all game- and we will just let it happen

2 Likes

Heppell did say on The Couch that we didn’t want to be known for that type of poor behaviour.
It’s all about being hard at the ball apparently, even when the opposition is kicking sand in your face.

1 Like

Yeah nah she’ll be right mate

4 Likes

The best captains stamp that ■■■■ out on the spot, Heppell is so passive that he wouldn’t know what a line in the sand meant.

2 Likes

He’d have trouble kicking over a line in the sand.

2 Likes

It’s not the personnel, it’s the PLAN.

Gotta give Menzies some games… Crying out for a genuine small forward…

2 Likes

Kelly Reid laverde
Redman brand hind
Langford parish martin
Stringer Jones Perkins
Menzie wright snelling
Draper Caldwell Merrett
Shiel Voss Guelfi d’amboriso
Durham(sub)

In. Parish,reid,menzie(debut),brand(debut),voss(debut)

Out. Ridley (inj/sore) Hobbs ( managed) heppell (managed) ham(medi sub) bryan

3 Likes

Still shattered that Tippa retired. Such a huge blow for the club, he really gave us that exciting X Factor that we are badly lacking right now.

30 Likes

Agree, he gave us some great memories to look back on though, no doubt the most popular player amongst the fans for the last 5 years.
Hope he has some kids.

7 Likes

What WILL happen is that Parker will be booed by the (few) Essendon supporters that do turn up. The idiots commentating the game will act surprised as to why the fans would be booing him, and waffle on about sportsmanship or some ■■■■ like that, all the while Sydney go coast to coast to score and jump out to a 12 goal lead in the second.

14 Likes

8 games before this annus horribilis of a season is over.

This is just another game to tick off on the countdown.

No expectations for this one other than just another mediocre loss.

Our MCG record this year (0-5) is hardly inspiring much confidence either. Perhaps at Marvel this match up may have been a little more competitive.

The last season we failed to win a game at the MCG was 1987 (0-3). Since moving away from Windy Hill from 1991, we’ve never gone a season without winning a game at the ground. I think this will be it.

I think those people expecting some sort of ‘physical’ response after Sydney humiliated this club not so long ago are delusional. This group doesn’t have it in them.

3 Likes

has there been a more bruise free team in the last 15 years?
At least make the opposition feel their ten goal win the following day

8 Likes

I’d consider getting Bryan back to the 2s for 2 games and bringing in Baldwin & the Irish guy for his debut. Not sure if we can sneak in 2 for 1 but I’m not against cheating in this farkwobble of a competition.
I’d also play Zerk ahead of Kelly and get Ridley back to intercept marking playing off a mid-sized forward. Parish back of course.
These are my near genius selections for this week folks.

3 Likes

I’d have preferred Hepp say that ■■■■ won’t slide and next time Parker is going to feel it.

In: Voss. Mission: Parker
Result of game: Not fussed

7 Likes

Stringer wasn’t in last time we played Syd, he would step up on Parker.