Changes vs the Weagles - some year, some round

Ham needs to go back and learn how to find the ball

1 Like

Zaka doesn’t deserve to be dropped.

Having said that he won’t have the freedom to run around against the Eagles and in Big games these days tends to be a liability.

Still deserves his spot

Neither Stringer or Draper should play seniors until after the bye round.

Let them both play VFL for the next couple of weeks. Don’t rush them.

He’s not best 22

1 Like

From what I understand Stringers recovered from his hammy. Why on earth would you hold him back?

Stringer is playing for a big pay day we might see his best footy

why does it matter this year? its development year we know what we get from stringer.

Thought his game yesterday was more complete over 4 qtrs than the GWS game where he did his quad.

It’s more about the future dripping the players who won’t be on our list next year to get games into them, and grow their own games and gel as a unit for next year.

ATM he is due to our injuries

Because you always play your best fit footballers regardless?

Stringer has ‘rested’ for 3 weeks. Bring the man in!

1 Like

I’d leave Stringer for the Dreamtime game- just with the flight over etc and it only being two weeks. But I don’t have a medical degree!
Wouldn’t be playing Draper ahead of Phillips until he’s had a block of games in the VFL or Phillips is cooked/injured.

1 Like

If he’s fit to play he plays against the eagles

Good logic there, Stringer I would have thought needs another week without playing.

Draper I’m happy to sit in vfl till he’s got a head of steam.

Waht?

Are you all nuts? Our best footballer on the list with the exception of maybe Merrett and blitz fans don’t want to play him?

1 Like

Very wet start to the week over here. More rain predicted and getting heavier on the weekend.

Saturday vs the Eagles would be the bare 21 days post Stringer’s hamstring strain vs GWS.

With his history plus it being an interstate game involving a 4hr flight there and back I’d be pleased if they left it for one more week. Or maybe a little run around in the 2’s on managed minutes and then straight in vs Richmond.

8 Likes

RUTTEN Jake we might give you a run in the 2s
JAKE get fuked I’m playing 2s

Drapper back though the 2s for mine, but Stringer straight back in & not given too much mid field time…we will be flogged in the ruck, thats a given, so I say Philips stays as our No 1 ruckman and is instructed to run with & limit Natanui dominance around the ground. We keep our current on-baller runners on the ball with instructions to play the same game as the last 2 weeks, and to play to the assumption that Natanui is winning the taps to try and negate clean clearances by the Eagles.

Not sure who goes out for Stringer…probably Waterman…definitely not Ham in, this will be a rugged game…we are a chance if we play to our strengths, which is the quick ball movement. 2MP should be in the goal square with Hooker all day to open up as much space as possible for Tippa, Cox, Langford and Jones to move around in. We can win this

Optus is a very wide ground, Eagles like to use it aswell with short kicks and alot of marks.

Our defensive pressure around the ground need to be a 4 QTR effort no lapses.

Eagles are gettable because their defensive pressure is worst in the comp, they don’t really like the contest especially with Shuey out. Yeo coming back after playing very well in the WAFL will strengthen their side immensely, he only needs a game as he is experienced and will slot straight back in.

McGovern will miss playing the game which is a big out for our forwardline line.

Quick ball movement can expose the Eagles, but if we allow them to short kick mark we will lose badly.

If it’s raining which it likely will be, don’t go in too tall even though they will. Need runners in this game and ground ball winners