Chappy book on Goddard and Hird

So you take umbrage with this but not that other thread, you’re priorities are actually ■■■■■■.

I hate footballers, politicians, and just about anyone who retire from their profession and then take a whack at their former colleagues.

Don’t really give a fark what Chapman thinks of anyone, he just should have played more games and kicked more goals.

Wait, what? It is okay for all and sundry on here to debate, scrutinize, empathize and opinionate to the 'enth degree on all things related to the club, but the players can’t. Or do you mean they shouldn’t have opinions in the first place? Going by your first statement, we should all just be mute at work as well.

Have l got it right?

Come on Capt J, this is a members only site and we all have opinions and most of us know fark all about anything.

In this case Chappy is trying to make money by whacking his former teammates. Chappy had the privilege of playing for the Bombers and was well paid. He should just shut the fark up until all his teammates have long retired, but he takes the opportunity to make more bucks by publishing now, just like all those grub politicians.

And if he thought BJ was out of line in the workplace then maybe he should have made a stand then.

Name dropper

Thread needs more poetry.

What the hammer? what the chain?
In what furnace was thy brain?
What the anvil? What dread grasp
Dare its deadly terrors clasp?

When the stars threw down their spears
And watered heaven with their tears
Did he smile his work to see?
Did he who made The Langford make thee?

The only multiple grand finalist at Essendon

Gwilt says hi!

Tell him I said hi back

Bird says G'day

Whoosh says I must break you

BJ said for you to shut up

Oh yeah, at the press conference after the tribunals finding of not guilty you could tell Watson was extremely angry with (probably) all senior people at the club, including Hird. May explain his form struggles (not withstanding injury) throughout the season

Now there’s a book I’m looking forward to

Gwilt says hi!

Tell him I said hi back

Bird says G'day

Gwilt says hi!

Tell him I said hi back

I enjoyed reading that. Think we were lucky to have Chappy come to the club

And to all those who say Hirdy is puffed up, arrogant and self-centred, blow it our your bums. The guy is a great person, a quality person. Thanks Chappy for saying so as an "outsider" to the club.

BJ is what he is as a person, you take the good with the bad. Players will deal with that, each in their own way. I can also see why Carlisle didn’t like him, lazy butt wouldn’t like a perfectionist telling them what to do.

Yes indeed about Hird.
The despicable thing is that the ratbags in the media that have been giving him grief is that they would know he is a good bloke but they still did what they did. I have never seen Hirdy in the flesh but his natural likability has always oozed through electronica for me.

Anyone still going to say that Tim and Jobe Watson weren't a large reason why Hird is gone?

Anyway a good read and book should be interesting. I wonder how many other guys have issues with BJ’s approach? Especially now he can’t dominate a match and play the way he probably expects himself to play.

I always thought that as well. I never thought Tim was overly impressed with Hird. Doesn’t surprise me re Jobe.

I don’t think it has anything to do with a lack of respect or not being overly impressed. Before this blew up & for a fair period afterward, Tim & Jobe were singing his praises & firmly in support.

I think the realisation dawned on Tim (with him being part of the media) earlier than most, that the shitt from the AFL via their direction of their comm special ists, wasn’t going to stop until he was gone, & were a bit down on him once that was obvious, for perhaps being a bit obstinant about staying, & beating City Hall, when it was clear, he just couldn’t.

Yeah, my thoughts too.

Pragmatism vs idealism.

And Jobe has no fight left in him, he’s broken.

i get the feeling that hes extremely exausted. dont think broken is the right word though. he probably would have retired if he was broken. he probably just needs to focus on being a footballer instead of a captain. dys looks like hes up for the challenge.

I basically read that as “Goddard had a crack at me, so I’m going to whack him back in public”.

Hope the sales of the book gets BD out of broadie.
We need excerpts of the chapter "risking my safety for a Broady Sheila". At the end BJ arrives pointing all his fingers.

really hard to hear jimmy was a good coach.
really hard.

In regards to Carlisle:
During the year I explained to him that, unless he picks up his work rate, if he leaves the club, no one will notice that he has gone. He needs to train harder.

Yep, spot on Chappy.

Anyone still going to say that Tim and Jobe Watson weren't a large reason why Hird is gone?

Anyway a good read and book should be interesting. I wonder how many other guys have issues with BJ’s approach? Especially now he can’t dominate a match and play the way he probably expects himself to play.

I always thought that as well. I never thought Tim was overly impressed with Hird. Doesn’t surprise me re Jobe.

I don’t think it has anything to do with a lack of respect or not being overly impressed. Before this blew up & for a fair period afterward, Tim & Jobe were singing his praises & firmly in support.

I think the realisation dawned on Tim (with him being part of the media) earlier than most, that the shitt from the AFL via their direction of their comm special ists, wasn’t going to stop until he was gone, & were a bit down on him once that was obvious, for perhaps being a bit obstinant about staying, & beating City Hall, when it was clear, he just couldn’t.

Yeah, my thoughts too.

Pragmatism vs idealism.

And Jobe has no fight left in him, he’s broken.

Good read.

Spot on re BJ…one of my favourite things this year was when Dys pulled him into line in the Port game.

Can feel the respect for Hirdy, also adds weight to my thinking that Jobe played a major part in Hirds ‘resignation’

Thanks for posting Scorps.

Jobe played no part in his resignation, he only tried as captain, to see the bigger picture as often as he could.

Jobe is the only person at the club bar Hird to have worn this whole mess publically , but stands to lose more from it. We could be found guilty but Jim would never have a question over his playing career. Think about that for a minute before you throw Jobe under a bus.

So you know categorically that Jobe played no part whatsoever in Hirds resignation?

Only offered his opinion after Jim had handed it to people who asked for it.

Besides, it’s a captains perogative to speak for the playing group.

Two things

1. I wasn’t criticising Jobe, certainly wasn’t throwing him under a bus or any other vehicle. Just makes sense that the tipping point was the players. I don’t recall a lot of support for Hirdy in those last few days from the Watsons.

2. To say Jobe is the only person other than Hirdy to have worn this publicly is nonesense.

Good read.

Spot on re BJ…one of my favourite things this year was when Dys pulled him into line in the Port game.

Can feel the respect for Hirdy, also adds weight to my thinking that Jobe played a major part in Hirds ‘resignation’

Thanks for posting Scorps.

And Watson senior.

Finally, a thread to talk about Hird in.