Clakko & Co: family destruction allegations

The winter is long
Slowly the truth emerges
Justice will prevail

4 Likes

Will
It
Though

Fails in format and reference to nature.
Admire the directness, but not a haiku.

2 Likes

Yeah more about the directness than anything

1 Like

It tells me that the process is working as it should - That means no leaks.

1 Like

Tells me, everyone involved is on holidays including the journos that they normally leak to.

8 Likes

Yep.
If this was happening during the season with all the footy programs feeding into each other (Monday SEN Talkback, Couch, 360 & Footy Classifieds → Tuesday SEN Talkback & 360 → Wednesday SEN Talkback & 360 → Thursday SEN Talkback, 360 & Footy Classifieds → Weekend Games, etc) as well as daily newspapers, social media, etc it would be far different. December and January aren’t the months for people to be hunting down a story and trying to get maximum media exposure.

2 Likes

There will be someone sitting on undisclosed information that will get dropped at a critical time.

2 Likes

I agree and disagree with this. The one difference to this investigation compared to others in the past that the AFL railroaded is that any past players and their families aren’t bound by AFL rules to cooperate.

It was easy during the saga for the AFL to set the narrative by leaking interviews within hours because all players and EFC staff were still contractually obliged to do whatever the investigation asked of them. In this case, the AFL had to work hard to create a framework with integrity- even if it’s just an illusion of integrity. The former players and their families who are taking part in the investigation could walk away at any point and go public with further claims if they lose trust in the process.

The real dirty work of the AFL will this time more likely be in the framing of the findings in order to clear Clarkson et al of any major wrong doing.

5 Likes

It’s both.
Usually, there’d be at least one leak somewhere. But this isn’t ‘attention grabbing’ enough so those type of journos are focussing their energy on other things.
The news report may not have been released as timely as the AFL were hoping (they’d have preferred after Grand Final week), but it definitely helped them more than if it were during the season where coaches and clubs would be fronting media at least three times a week along with all the other rubbish shows that help with the AFL sports cycle of news.

This time around the individuals and the clubs involved are closely tied to the AFL. So there are very few leaks. As soon as the individuals or the clubs break away from the AFL (say like Hird did when he told them to FRO he isn’t stepping down) or starts pointing fingers at the AFL, then the ties are broken and all gloves are off (like we experienced). Until then, everything will go relatively smoothly and they’d all know for quite some time how this will end, they just need to know where they sit in the grand scheme of things, shut the hell up and take whatever comes their way.

Bingo, on the eve of Norths first game in rd 1.

3 Likes

Are Norf playing a media-relevant team in round 1?

No one would care!

Well that would upset their fan.

2 Likes

What’s going on with this? When is Clarkson being kicked to the kerb?

2 Likes

Hes not.

Swept under the carpet.

Because you know its hawthorn.

The family club™

5 Likes

I agree with handy that his prediction is the most likely.
2 possible explanations for the delay are

1. the panel are still gathering facts; and
  2. they have finished, provided their report to gil who is struggling to find a way to achieve his desired result which is to sweep under the carpet.

He is not going to be, never was

Let’s be real, though.
The AFL have to have some response.
Perhaps they’re getting all their ducks in a row. It wouldn’t surprise me.

It’s down to who can be bought/intimidated.

And even then, it’s dangerous.
Far safer to throw the sacrificial lamb under the mixed metaphor bus.

2 Likes

I tend to agree with this given the people making the claims are outside of the AFL system now.
I reckon Clarkson is gonna cop one hell of a cultural awareness online training module.

Also have noticed twice in past fortnight tweets about Clarkson getting the players to engage with kids at training and North pushing themselves as a family club - one even called him king of the kids. ■■■■■■■ gross PR offensive.

15 Likes

As time goes by the story will get buried deeper and deeper. Until it gets forgotten. Nothing to see here. The daily Russian atrocities in Ukraine now hardly warrant a mention. It’s the news cycle.

3 Likes