Climate Change in Australia (Part 1)

Looked up the one place in Belgium, says nothing about the town just that the Model Factory and experimental laboratory that was set up used 100% renewables.

Heard about Angela Merkel ignoring Paris Accord targets and yet staying in it?
Of course you haven’t, the MSM only report when Donald Trump does it and is up front about it.

1 Like

Where?

Current Plan for Australia

1 Like

I’m accustomed to climate change deniers cherry-picking quotes, but this is the first time any of them have done it to me. And the sheer brass face to cherrypick someone’s quotes when the entire quote is about three posts above - yeah.

How about you argue the point I actually made rather than the one you’re choosing to believe i made? Here’s a hint. Start by quoting the FULL SENTENCE. In future we can hopefully progress you to actually addressing complete paragraphs containing logically connected ideas, and then on to scientific concepts and economic and technological context, but let’s start small. As a general rule, if you find yourself having to cut important bits out of other peoples’ arguments in order to make your own points, then your points probably aren’t worth a piece of ■■■■.

I swear, the intellectual dishonesty on the climate denialist side of the debate continues to surprise me.

3 Likes

I would have said intellectual incapacity myself, but I get your point.

The stupid thing is why is climate change even part of the energy debate anymore.

It was only relevant to the extent that people wanted to hurry up the transition to renewable technology. It should never have been seen as a start/stop decision, even without climate change we were always going to transition to better technology. Maybe 20 years ago some of the arguments had merit, but as it stands today renewables are cheaper, more reliable, easier to build, easier to maintain and better at grid management.

The debate is over and you don’t even know it. Your still stuck arguing that some tech from the 1970s when the Yallourn coal plant was built is superior to tech 50 years later. You may as well argue that this phone

Is better than this phone

2 Likes

Of course I have a vested interest. Cost effective reliable power would be a vested interest of most people outside of warmists.

It’s neither cheaper or more reliable which is why people need to push the climate angles usually with a dose of fear and left aggression.
In response to another silly and irrelevant example, I would absolutely argue that the iPhone is less reliable as a phone and more expensive than the corded variety. It doesn’t run out of batteries either.

There is one thing for sure, that electricity was cheaper and the equipment more reliable before it was privatised.

6 Likes

True to a degree, but we’d still be having some of the reliability problems we’re seeing now if the generators had stayed publicly owned. The old coal generation capacity is just simply getting too old to function reliably any more. Under govt ownership they’d have probably been better maintained etc, but in the end these things have a lifespan and the end of it is rapidly approaching.

1 Like

Coal power electricity $30 MwH
Wind $96 MwH
Solar?

Easier to build?
It it wasn’t for coal how would you build a wind turbine?

Reliable.
50 yo coal station around 83%
Wind intermittent and 50% on a good day, 17-22% on average.

Solar is a joke.

If you don’t believe me go to the AEMO website or the Green propaganda Renew Economy / NEM Watch.

As for that phone, nobody has every run off the road and killed themselves sending a text message using one.

1 Like

I cant be bothered arguing with the two of you as you wouldn’t pay attention anyway.

Ill just sit back and watch all the renewable and gas infrastructure be built and coal plants close.

You two keep yelling at clouds.

3 Likes

In Victoria, selling off the people’s assets is the enduring legacy of Kennett and Stockdale. May they both rot in hell.

5 Likes

On your roof for starters

2 Likes

How does it go at night?

Fine. Why?

You will be yelling in the dark.

You must be seriously thick if you think so.

https://www.realestate.com.au/lifestyle/beautiful-aussie-homes-off-the-grid/

Remarkable memory you have there, remembering all those things that happened 22 years ago.

Pity it fails when remembering who GAVE away the State Savings Bank to the commonwealth, pity it can’t remember the $49 billion in debt with the catastrophic state of the State Superannuation fund, Pity it can’t remember who sold off the VicRail rolling stock and the Melbourne Water Supply to foreign investors and then leased them back

Pity it can’t remember the state of the “rust belt” economy and how embarrassing it was to go interstate and listen to all the Victoria joke, and everyone you met had a different one.

1 Like