Climate Change in Australia (Part 1)

My point exactly, Labor and the Greens and the Left wing turd in the lodge won’t do anything for fear of upsetting anyone.

Since Hazelwood shut down I have had 6 interruption of power lasting from a few seconds to 8 minutes, this is the future.

1 Like

■■■■ it, one too many digs.

cid:F519015A-71DE-46A4-86F4-F981409C9FDA

1 Like

becuse the nats are to busy selling their land to fracking companies

1 Like

I assume you put this down to demand interfering with supply?

In all seriousness do you walk around with a parachute on your back in case you walk off the end of the earth?
You won’t answer the question at hand and “challenge” someone to read reams of “information” rather than providing a simple response. If someone is not prepared to read the leftist propaganda you decide you are correct and again criticise whoever dares to challenge. It’s a politicians response.

1 Like

The other problem is that most Nat seats are so safe that there just isn’t going to be any issue that turns the seat enough to scare anyone. The reason why they are so safe is the real question. I currently live in one of them. When I ask why people are voting for them again it’s a combination of shoulder shrugs and some kind of misguided belief that the Nats are keeping everyone here safe from the suits in the cities. Local media inflate this ideal. The rest just look at the shiny pictures they’ve ironically pumped money into once every 4 years and tick the box. They get to leave the ballot place without having to think anymore about what they already regard as a useless exercise.

1 Like

The reality is that any change in Australia’s emissions will have neglible impact on a farm in Australia. You’re talking hundredths of a degree.

2 Likes

This argument bores me in it’s banality, … “No one else is so why should we?”

They don’t seem to realise, that as long as no one does,… then no one will.

The fact that we will be affected more than most, and to the extremes of things like already a third of the Barrier Reef dead, then it’s just good business to lead the way, & show/shame/ignite the populaces of other Western democracies to do the same before it’s too late. it was too late.

Yes, … it’s likely already way too late. But if we had moved to renewable’s 20 years ago with the ilk of Rudds GFC stimulus spending, and by now, near every man jacks house was getting free electricity via Solar & storage, … there’s virtually no doubt that every other citizen the world over wouldn’t be asking their Leaders,.“Wheres OUR free power & clean air & rivers for our Children???.. DO it, or fark off next election!”

The argument to wait for others is Bullshit in the extreme.

2 Likes

Why should I waste my time responding to his question when his answer to the do you want me to respond and will you properly read it question that I posed he didn’t even read to the end?

I used to worry about climate change…until Nelly taught me that it isn’t all bad:

1 Like

“Left wing turd in the lodge”

Poor Mal, he just cannot do anything right.

1 Like

That’s not entirely true, in fact there has been really a 2 degree soil temp increase in the Hay plains and Murrumbidgee irrigation region, farms have had to transition from broad acre cropping planting to things like cotton, rice and hazel nut. That region used to produce 40% of the countries wheat and barley. Now it’s about 5.

Farms that survived on double cropping can’t anymore, due to being forced to plan winter crops earlier and summers that last longer. The climate zones amd rainfall zones are shifting south.

http://www.aginnovators.org.au/news/new-aegic-maps-show-dramatic-shift-australias-rainfall-zones-2000

Which means the dryer zones are expanding, so this effects farmers greatly.

Now, here is the kicker, in the northern hemisphere, climate zones are shifting, you guessed it, north

You don’t need a degree in atmospheric physiology to work out what’s going on.

The colder areas on earth are shifting towards to poles to regulate the melting. There is to much fresh water going into the ocean, the increased temperature is effecting the co2 absorbsion. So our greatest carbon sink is loosing its ability to absorb our increasing carbon production. This is what I’m talking about when I talk about the PPM of carbon in the atmosphere reaching critical mass. There is a point which we have pretty much passed to be honest, where there will just be to much carbon for even a recovering ocean to absorb. When I talk about the next mass extinction event right on our door step, it’s marine and Arthropoda life that will cop it the hardest. Which for peanuts like a few in here might not register much, but the more informed of us know how critical the insect world is to our food production.

So while only a small increase in temp may appear on the surface to hand a marginal impact on food security, the follow on impacts are quite devastating.

4 Likes

ROFL. He’s about as left wing as Thatcher.

1 Like

From ignorance zone to stupidity bucket in one post.

So what’s your saying is you would rather live a lifetime in metophorical darkness than a few minutes in literal?

The reality is that companies like Chevron pat=y zero dollars in taxes in Australia, [despite stealing our finite and non-renewable resources so they can make billions.]

So we shouldn’t pay any taxes either because they will have negligible impact on the deficit that Chevron and hundreds of other billion dollar companies have left.

Thanks machine! Please continue to mount propganada for the world’s richest bludgers,

Really? If you think he is rightwing you need your brain looked at. He lost a large part of the Liberals supporter base, went from one of the largest majorities in history (that Abbott had gained) to scrape in by one seat. It was probably the fear of that idiot Shorten that got him over the line. Turnbull is as unpopular amongst conservative voters as he is popular at the ABC and only wanted to be leader to stick it on his resume.
Bill Shorten, a vicious, self serving corrupt arsewipe, a poor mans Dan Andrews. With leaders like this I weep for this country, not a leader in sight.

1 Like

You are such a sad person. Maybe it’s your illness.

The Liberal Party of Australia have been a centre right Party ever since Menzies established them. Even Fraser and Howard were closer to the centre than the Right Wing of their Party today. Abbott started it, and it was so unpopular with the voter that Turnbull got the gig. He actually did well to turn the tide and win the last election, but he has also moved further right to appease the maniacs in the Party, which will be his ultimate downfall.

And your comments about Bill Shorten are just nonsense.

Take your medication

Absolutely 100% correct. Turnbull is the most left wing Liberal leader I can remember. The only saving grace is that he won’t be there at the next election.

Back to the insults when you don’t like what is being said - very much the left way. Just can’t help yourself.

1 Like