Climate Change in Australia (Part 2)

ChatGPT it mate.

1 Like

You might as well wonder what the impact of agriculture would be if the nineteen-legged aliens from the planet Snoof teamed up with Archie and Jughead to turn all the worldā€™s lipstick supplies into voles.

There is zero chance of the worldā€™s temperature dropping by 1.5 degrees any time soon. None whatsoever. Zippo. Nada. Every climate change mitigation program - even the most wacky and desperate atmospheric engineering proposals - are about stopping the situation getting too much worse, not reversing damage already done, because reversing that damage is functionally impossible outside geological timescales.

Donā€™t. ChatGPT is full of ā– ā– ā– ā– . It gets confused between increasing and decreasing temperatures after the second sentence, for instance.

1 Like

Oh yeah of little faith.

Itā€™s actually much more fun than some debates here.

1 Like

Tasmanian salmon aquaculture operates at the edge of the temperature range for salmon.
Nice Atlantic salmon superior to NZ Pacific salmon, about the only raw import source fully free in cuts under our quarantine regulations.

Sounds like what a politically biased bot would sayā€¦

4 Likes

It is pretty clever.

If it can carry a debate about the Essendon Best 22, then I wouldnā€™t need to come onto this chat.

3 Likes

Ask it what it would say if it was a politically biased bot pretending to be an unbiased language model.

Its still learningā€¦.just like some of us with the global climate change ā€œdebateā€.

Others made their mind up decades ago and are so invested in their belief that all questioning of this belief is heresy

Nah. It just gets repitive after a while.
I tried to engage it in Lebron v Jordan goat debate and it tries not to engage.
Montana v Brady though, it expands a bit.
Very interesting program.

the irony here is :ok_hand:

3 Likes
3 Likes

that applies to both sides of the fence right ? cos that describes alot of people who try and actively force climate change on you at every turn and not an ounce of a thought that you could be wrong :thinking: :thinking:

1 Like

yep.
even down to the political and financial interests, esp that part, as always one should follow the money.

Absolutely. All you need to do as someone in this thread who doubts the validity of science in certain areas is present your evidence here, read the responses and respond in kind with counter arguments and facts. Unfortunately the people here who are skeptical of climate change and its human origin fail at these simple tasks every time.

As for ā€˜forcing climate changeā€™ on you, explain what you mean by that. Are you regularly being approached by strangers thrusting pamphlets at you and yelling facts in your face? Or are you reading a thread on climate change and disagreeing with the presentation of science by some, often extremely, informed people who donā€™t indulge in lazy, emotional thinking?

3 Likes

I could be wrong but it seems like youā€™re trying to say, people who agree with climate change merely present their POV, and then if someone disagrees they merely reply in kind with counter arguments and facts and are all civilised in their approach, is that what youā€™re saying ?
Just so i can be clear if thats what you actually mean ?

1 Like

My POV is that I donā€™t agree with climate change.
I think itā€™s a terrible thing and something should be done about it.

3 Likes

Do you mean in this thread or out in the world?

in general, on here, on social media in the real world

1 Like

Because in here the most common thing that occurs is someone posts an article, a graph or an opinion that, when it is proven fallacious, misleading or outright unhinged, they generally get several responses, and most of them are civil enough and full of considered counters. Rarely does the OP respond with anything considered.

Did you want to explain what ā€˜forcing climate changeā€™ on you looks like or feels like?