Climate Change in Australia (Part 2)

Continuing the discussion from Climate Change in Australia (Part 1) - #10037 by Bomber1408.

Previous discussions:

Season 1 finished with a cliffhanger and we can’t to find out what happens in the first episode of the all new season of ”I’m a Denialist, Get Me Outta Here!”

This season will pit a lone denialist against an echo chamber of irritatingly informed arseholes with their pesky facts and graphs that don’t feature curious and seemingly deliberate metric anomalies. It all takes place on the former land mass of Fiji, now a series of roped together car wrecks and animal corpses. Leave your religious rhetoric behind, weehoo!

11 Likes

I’m just here for the tag team match-up between Greta Thunberg/Tim Flannery and Lord Christopher Monckton/Dr Jordan Peterson.
1408’s come in with the chair!

1 Like

I’m just here waiting for you animal eating ■■■■■ to go vegan to fight climate change.
Save the planet while you safe yourself you selfish â– â– â– â– â– !
/end rant

Source:

3 Likes

I’m just here taking a break from trying to sell Fossil fuel-powered power generation equipment

1 Like

My friend in Paris tells me prices are 270€/mwh for the French

4 Likes

I’m here to be a righteous unemployed bum who can only afford to ride a bicycle. Well occaisionally I ride my motorbike and drive the car that I don’t really need. And I’d move to a smaller house if I didn’t have 100 skateboards and a bunch of other unnecessary crap that I have hoarded over the years.

2 Likes

Not posting for the political relevance, posting because this is just funny.

2 Likes

shouldn’t police prosecuting environmental protesters really ■■■■ off all the freedom cookers and free speech absolutists?

3 Likes
4 Likes

Pfft…
Clear evident that ChatGPT is left wing propaganda.

2 Likes

It’d probably say something pretty similar if you asked it how to combat the threat of the extreme left climate alarmism religion.

1 Like

1 Like

Would agree that denialism is fuelled by politics and money at the upper echelons, but a lack of understanding (and a dash of cognitive dissonance) is absolutely what fuels it at ground level

I’d say you generally stick to these Benny, but it’s not gonna change the minds of many people that are convinced solar cycles are the only thing that affects the climate

2 Likes

My thinking is you don’t change people’s minds in the moment. There’s a self defence mechanism that kicks in and blocks most people from even considering they are wrong. It has a real personal cost to change your mind on something you’re heavily invested in. But if you’re not harsh and drip feed information, some people absorb it over time and change their minds in the days or weeks afterward.

And if you don’t convince the person in the online debate, there’s a larger audience reading the discussion who will each have their own reactions.

4 Likes

Let me ask this question; how much warmer on average is due to human induced CO2 as of today

5 Likes

Do you actually want to know the answer or are you asking me to spend a heap of time doing your research only to completely discard what I give you?

4 Likes

I am just wondering what the impact of a global reduction of 1.5 degrees would have on the output of agriculture?

More mild temperatures worldwide. Less desertification. Less drought.

Agricultural output would be fine.

Edit - this answer is for a reduction from the current higher temperatures, not a reduction from the old baseline.