Coaching restructuring

I just have one multi-part question:

download

4 Likes

Quite rightly, they don’t let me near the game plan. :rofl:

And I am now making a review on your review of the external review of an external review of the process.

1 Like

While I am also interested in Woosha’s aversion to on-field tagging, I was talking more of the capri pant wearing Hard Tag.

765e97281ae95197c73f3ceefe5f4fe3

1 Like

Friday night saw the first match played with our new midfield and forward coaches.
Sample of 1 but a win against quality opposition suggests the coaches have improved all 3 lines over the preseason, still more cohesion to be expected with about 6 players learning new positions

Defence, well organised and heaps better than the line that was torched by Adelaide last year.

Mids, strong contest work, just -6 clearance differential, run and quality of delivery I50 resulted in domination of marks and set shots inside 50. Still a work in progress, but stringer will improve and Smith may also as well, but was already our clearance leader.

Forwards, played as well as our best games in 2017.

Early days but unlike Collingwood, it seems our coaches are getting good results from our players in 2018.

2 Likes

Sack Skippy

1 Like

I thought Fox said we won the clearances?

They may have… but we lost them 32 - 40.

What were the center clearances numbers?

13-17 their way.

Hang on a farkin minute!
How come we won then???

It was all because of us silly

1 Like

More running bounces.

thanks derm

I still think our forward line is functioning well below it’s potential.

And it’s because if greed.

Joe is the worst - if he gets the ball within 60m he feels entitled to go for goal without bothering to look at what other options might be available.

We’ve added Stringer, and I think he is a bit the same.

And the little guys can do it a bit too. Probably Green being the worst of them.

We need them to revel in the team’s goals just as much.

1 Like

nope. disagree.

It’s functioning below it’s potential because they couldn’t kick their set shots through the big sticks. Hell, there were about 4 times they couldn’t kick them through the little sticks.

Plus round 1, so let’s hope that a bit of rust was removed and they will just naturally work their way into the season.

Plus, let us not ever wish for the days of a bunch of forwards where none of them actually wanted to be the bloke to kick the goal.

6 Likes

Where’s Master Bates these days? Has an opinion on the coaching set up but seems to have clammed up recently.

I count 6 complete misses. Joe X 3, hooker, stringer and tippa one each. Not all of those were set shots. Am I missing any

IIRC 4 of those were very gettable

1 Like

Joe on the run is usually pretty reliable, one in particular where he had McKenna outside him was awful. Did he actually score when he got timed out in the last? I would have backed him in for that if not for the play on. Stringer on the run from 50 I’d usually back in. Hooker is pretty unreliable with any angle over 10 degrees.