Coaching restructuring

Hi Catherine,

I’d be interested if the club does any Myers Briggs or similar for senior personnel or coaching staff?

I appreciate you contributing here. It’s fantastic.

You are most welcome. Nice to lift the veil as much as I can…

I would have to double check on what exactly the personality test we use is/are, but there are definitely personality/professional tests done when hiring senior staff. Our HR Exec is great with this sort of thing.

Ninja edit: I know when hiring for a role recently there was a specific personality/skills test done on all shortlisted applicants. This helped us narrow down on fit and drill down on what skills and characteristics were most desirable - also where they may need support, for instance.

2 Likes

Yes. I thought the original poster was being ironic when he referred to it as circle work.

Adelaide delisted him, look at them now!

Yep, look what’s happened to Richmond after taking on the failed coach Leppitch.

1 Like

That’s good to know. i’d like to claim this as my idea, but i recall that someone here one time suggested getting an overseas team, NFL/EPL/whoever, representative to review our operations, instead of us looking at what they do. we might do lots of things because “that’s the way we do it” and over look a really simply change that could provide improvement. forest from the trees and all that…

1 Like

Exactly. We have done quite a few external reviews since I’ve been involved I must say, and we are currently looking at how we may be able to take external reviews to the next logical step. Can’t say too much on that yet though, sorry!

1 Like

Good to hear. Thanks for sharing what you can, it’s very much appreciated!

if you’re in need of a review from an armchair expert with a lack of expertise, i’m your guy. my rates are very affordable!

2 Likes

Thanks for popping in and making these comments. Its short circuited a few dozen pages of total BLITZ speculation and has enhanced my work productivity quite significantly :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well, the last thing I intended was to increase productivity… :wink:

A post in time saves nine(ty)?

1 Like

No worries. There’s an easy fix.

When I get too productive, I’ll pop on over to the Jake Stringer thread.

1 Like

Can we have an external review into the process of doing external reviews?

I’ll report back in 3 months.

Given board members read blitz do the coaches read the changes thread? :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

On a more serious note though, now it’s the off season why not do videos of what people actually do around the club. Given the number of positions now at the club it would be a bit of insight to the modern game.

Some do when they are in dire need of a good laugh. Otherwise no.

Not a bad idea at all… Maybe a weekly or fortnightly ‘Get to know’ type video? Not sure how interesting the IT guys day to day work is, or how much some people would want to be filmed…

I’ll pass on the suggestion though. Who doesn’t love more content?

2 Likes

Just post this over & over for the IT folks piece…

2 Likes

It is very impressive the way you have posted here. The best organisations have Boards that communicate freely with each other and the rest of the organisation, though it does take a great deal of trust to make it work, and a good Chairman, and an understanding CEO !!

4 Likes

Surely that’s an external review of the external review process?