Coaching restructuring

If Skippy can make our midfield work, we will go from Blitz struggling to get rid of him, to EFC struggling to keep him. This is if he can make 2 struggling lines functional 2 years in a row.

I have been a critic, but anyone who is a relative no name (even painted as a pariah at one point early on - albeit be on the work of a Patrick Smith article) to surviving 4 senior coaches and being given the hardest assignments, has probably got a lot going for him.

We will see, it may well be the sack at the end of 2018, or long contract and a pay rise I would think.

5 Likes

Great! You can answer my question! What is he responsible for at the club?

1 Like

NFI. I think it’s mostly to do with Game day strategy. This has been our weakness all year.

tactics and opposition analysis

Honestly think that McKenna moving on could mean we could be interested in a suns player
Aaron Hall come on down.
Or Gary Ablett come on down :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Skipworth has fixed the forwardline!, now to rebuild the midfield.
He will probably try and pinch Fantasia and Tippa.

1 Like

In 2017 Neeld seemed to act as Wooshas right hand man on game day, in the coaches box, as did, from time to time Rob Harding ( maybe in the absence of Neeld) apart from this, Neeld may have had some responsibilities supervising the low level "performance coaches) Just what he does in 2018 is not yet clear…

I don’t get why we have retained Neeld.

3 Likes

Harding and Neeld should have both gone, in favour of someone capable of altering the gameplan if it is not fully function on match day

2 Likes

Great to see Kelly back and interesting to see Skipworth move to the midfield (I really hope this doesn’t mean that our forward structure turns to rubbish) but as others have stated, Neeld must have some VERY dank photos of somebody high up.

Should be out the door.

Found it out myself. Neeld:

The role sees Neeld working across all areas of the football department - he helps plan what to focus on at training in the short-term as well as developing a long-term vision of how the Bombers want to play. Neeld also spends a lot of time with the sports science department making sure coaches are interpreting the data in the correct way.

So he should go cause we aren’t really sure what he does, but we don’t like what he did at Melbourne?

2 Likes

We really have no way of knowing how good/bad Harding is and its a bit unfair to suggest sack a bloke after one season, when we dont have the faintest idea how good he is at his job. But if you re saying the game day coaching is not good, I would agree, it seems to be :“average”. However, remember, we did make the 8.

DAMN NEELD MISINTERPRETING SPORTS SCIENCE DATA!!

3 Likes

It was our inability to adapt to opposition gameplan this year that cost us going further this year.

1 Like

I like Neeld.

I wanted Solly to come back.

3 Likes

I know a lot of people scream “we don’t have a plan B”.
With a new playing group who have had 1 preseason together, I don’t think they’ve had time to work on plan B.

IMO people just don’t like Mark Neeld because of what he did at Melbourne. If you don’t know what his role is, how can anybody be critical of it. Prior to the Melbourne job, he was held in the highest esteem.

10 Likes

Skippy as mid coach. Someone check on Barnz

2 Likes

More on Neeld’s role:

"“Part of the role is making sure the footy department operates as one - footy clubs and footy departments in particular have evolved so quickly, so this is a horizontal role to make sure everyone’s connected”

WE SHOULD POACH SOME YOUNG TALENT TO INNOVATE HORIZONTAL COMMUNICATION!! NEELD PROBABLY NEVER HEARD OF SNAPCHAT!

2 Likes

Really???

I Didnt want solly back, I wanted Dustin Fletcher to get a defenisve role.