Coaching restructuring

No mate that’s obviously what you eat

Listen, Master Gates, what you don’t know about the EFC coaching panel could just about be squeezed into the MCG. And that’s only just.

3 Likes

Sorry Mark. Hope next season goes well for you. But unfortunately knowing how successful your coaching career has been. Not holding my breath.

So I’m presuming Paul Corrigan takes over Skipworth’s role and Jordan takes over the VFL side?

so does that structure essentially mean Kelly is an assistant coach for the VFL team?

Can we hire a ■■■■ eating coach to most efficiently delegate the what ■■■■ needs to be eaten by whom and how to do it most effectively?

1 Like

Looks like it.

Performance Coach, Dan Jordan, has been named as the 2018 VFL Head Coach.

still one of the top names in footy.

1 Like

From the Rising Star award last year to VFL coach in 2018! What a rise to stardom!

2 Likes

Love Pops. He’s been brilliant for us.

But.

Playing devils advocate, I wonder whether or not this is a good appointment. Kelly is a gun, and clearly a good teacher, but he’s already been a pseudo coach for two years. Has he taught our guys all that he can in those two years and if so, might it be better to bring in someone new (recently retired) from outside the club for a fresh perspective?

I’m not wedded to this view at all, this is a genuine question

5 Likes

Should be 2 or 3 more changes. Very vanilla.
I loved Harves as a player but c’mon! Enough is enough!

Also, finalising the panel now? Not interested in talking to any retiring players / assistant coaches of the top 4 teams who are still in contention?

Time to sack Kelly.

12 Likes

hah.

If only it was dan joedan

2 Likes

Not humble enough.

People calling for this coach or that coach to be got rid of, how about saying why? Oh, I know, you are not part of the inner sanctum and don’t know WTF these people do anyway.

13 Likes

Ok, here is why.

The in-game match day coaching was negligible. The best one can do from an external point of view is see that and consider it something we could look at improving.

Result… no changes. A shuffling of the deck chairs.

In my view, it is far too conservative, and gives the appearance of keeping the blokes around that you are comfortable with.

7 Likes

Skipworth has been midfield coach before, hasn’t he?