Coaching Team Review - please make new plans for 2019

It’s very possible that Caracella will take on both roles left by Corrigan and Harding. Corrigan’s forward line role is obvious but from what I’ve heard is that the biggest thing going for Caracella is that he is very talented when it comes to analysising opposition and forming strategies…something along those lines anyway.

5 Likes

Or skippy back to forward coach(it worked well last time) and Kelly to step up to midfield.

2 Likes

I think the most likely thing is that he’ll take on both salaries. That’s probably why they cleared 2 out.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure Kelly and Skipworth are currently sharing midfield responsibilities. But Skipworth should be moved back to the forwardline. It would be nice to bring in another young midfield coach to work with/under Kelly.

IMO Caracella will have a similar role as Rutten as a senior assistant responsible for coordinating team offence and strategy. The opposition scouting should be done by all coaches imo.

2 Likes

HIM

1 Like

IN!

2 Likes

I’ll just bump this post from 25 days ago…

2 Likes

Blake was a pretty accurate kick for goals. If he can get our players to kick straight that would be - good start.

1 Like

2 Likes

Alan Richardson?

Be nice to get him in a developmental role

2 Likes

Hope we move skippy on

We’ve passed the deadline to sack coaches. So unless someone poaches him, he’s there next year.

Really?

His kicking for goal in the 99 Prelim, from memory, was a disgrace: both set shot and running into open goal.

Missed 4 that day that all should have been kicked.

Responsible as much as anyone for that loss.

I am still seething about his goal kicking that day, even now.

2 Likes

I missed the memo where we got Leigh Tudor.

Just reading the season preview for 2020/
Tudor arrived at Essendon
in December last year with a
wealth of playing and coaching
experience, playing 68 AFL
games for North Melbourne
and Geelong, before transitioning into
a coaching role.
Tudor steered Geelong’s VFL side to a
premiership in 2007 before moving to
St Kilda, where he was involved in the Saints’
2009 and 2010 Grand Final appearances.
A premiership assistant coach with Sydney in
2012, Tudor joined the Kangaroos’ coaching
panel in 2013 and joins the Bombers after
a seven-year stint at Arden St.

It was a development role I think.

I remember when the media were banging on about how he will be the difference in North winning a Premiership, as they got the best assistant coach in the country.

How things quickly change in the Coaching hype.

It’s a pretty impressive CV… until he arrived at North.

It will be interesting to see how he goes.

Well North did make a couple of preliminary finals in 2014 and 2015 which most thought was overachieving.

Nathan Bassett is another one
Was meant to be the next gun senior coach coming from Norwood to EFC.
Now had 4 years at Port.

Collectively, we know 3/5ths of stuff all about how good assistant coaches really are. Some guys fluke being at good clubs for a few years and get these genius reputations.

1 Like

Leigh’s a full time development coach with the club, part of which involves him being a line coach with the VFL program.

6 Likes

The difference with the Tudor appointment at North Melbourne, was that the media were beating it up as the biggest recruit by a club, on and off the field… that offseason.

The words “will be the difference in winning the premierships” were used many times.

Completely different level of hype than the Bassett appointment.

I’m sure the Assistant coaches are important. But I’m sure that sort of hype is not useful for any club.