Coffee machines

Aeropress for $50.
Spend the rest on a good grinder.

That the silver stove top one?
They oh alright, if you don't boil it over.
Nope.
Aero press.

This one! Inexpensive, great coffee. Can take camping, but don't over boil it.
0WXMR3z.png

A cafetera.

Love them. Thought only wogs had them though, in like 4 different sizes too.

1 Like

I caved and got the Aldi pod machine. $90, pods are cheapish, no issues so far.

This! The aldi one is awesome. Missus Scotty picked one up about a year ago and we haven't has an issue 

I was given an Espressotoria machine for Xmas & it works pretty well.  I'm not a big coffee drinker so I can't give an expert opinion of the coffee but I guess if you like Vittoria coffee you will like this machine.  Works out to about $0.50 per pod.

Aeropress for $50.

Nope.
Aero press.

This one! Inexpensive, great coffee. Can take camping, but don't over boil it.0WXMR3z.png
A cafetera.

Lol farking this!!! It has the bonus of getting that beautiful fresh coffee aroma all through the house.
Fancy machines are convenient, but using a cafetera is the way real good coffee should be made and enjoyed.
1 Like

Aeropress for $50.

Nope.
Aero press.

This one! Inexpensive, great coffee. Can take camping, but don't over boil it.0WXMR3z.png
A cafetera.

Well we got ours in Italy, after having dinner at a business friends place near Milano. Great family dinner and the coffee was so good that we had to get one of these thingos. Ours is small makes about two cups at a time but it is quick and the aromas are great.

don't like pods

BREW!

1 Like

I got a Delonghi Latissima plus. Not bad. Convinient

Fark off with anything else at home except a burr grinder and an Aeropress. You will not beat it unless you buy a commercial machine. 

1 Like

Someone explain this aeropress bidness to me

I have a Sunbeam EM6910 and a Breville Smart Grinder. Not the cheapest, but worth every cent, IMO.

I have no idea what you're talking about.

I have no idea what you're talking about.

it's one of those stove top woggy ones. isn't it rolo? 

It's the hipster's choice. Proves you don't need an expensive machine to make a great coffee.

Put a filter on the plastic tube.

Put the plastic tube on your mug.

Pour in coffee grounds.

Pour in water.

Stir.

Push other plastic tube with rubber plunger through, forcing the coffee into the mug.

Then add more water and/or milk to taste.

Coffee grounds pop right into the bin and you only need to rinse it all to clean up. Super fast. Super gooooood.

It's the hipster's choice. Proves you don't need an expensive machine to make a great coffee.
Put a filter on the plastic tube.
Put the plastic tube on your mug.
Pour in coffee grounds.
Pour in water.
Stir.
Push other plastic tube with rubber plunger through, forcing the coffee into the mug.
Then add more water and/or milk to taste.
Coffee grounds pop right into the bin and you only need to rinse it all to clean up. Super fast. Super gooooood.
That doesn't seem super fast at all. Especially if you have to put the kettle on for the hot water and grind the beans...
Wouldn't mind seeing how Good it tastes though.

It's marginally more effort than making a hot milo.

What's an Aeropress….
*just trolling

Aeropress sounds like an Essendon defensive tactic.

We bought one of these about 2 months ago, cost about $500 I think. It has a built in burr grinder which is adjustable, and considering a decent grinder is probably $150 on it's own it made sense.

Pros:

- There's a little spot that holds the "tamper" so you don't lose it

- It grinds directly into the grip handle thingy (you put the grip handle just to the left of where it is in the pic - under the grinder)

- The coffee 'pucks' come out of the grip handle really easily as the little metal strainer thing has sloped sides.

- The guage shows how much pressure is built up while it's esspressing... This let's you know if you need to change the grind/dose/tampering...

- Heats up in about 15-20 seconds, and is good for making 2 coffees at a time

- Takes about 1 min to steam enough milk for 2 caffe lattes.

- Quick to clean, tap out the puck, rinse off the grip handle, wipe the steamer and the tray and you're done. (milk jug and thermometer into the dishwasher)

- Makes good coffees! (And YOU get to make them)

- We had a smaller version with a separate grinder previously, and we used it daily for 3 years until the steamer thing started to die.

Cons:

- It's pretty big and clunky, so you'd wanna make sure you have a good spot for it.

- Not as big and clunky as some people would like, it will probably last 3 years, not 10 years like you'd expect if you paid 2-3k.

- There's still a bit of work involved, but we like making coffee. There's other simpler machines (pods etc) but we like grinding and steaming manually.

- I guess it's relatively cheap, more dollars will get you a more solid, longer lasting machine.

3 Likes

And we have one of these for when Baba comes over...

turkish-coffee-set-thumb4830393.jpg

1 Like

Fark off with anything else at home except a burr grinder and an Aeropress. You will not beat it unless you buy a commercial machine. 

don't agree

I have a Krups espresso machine . Not a commercial machine. makes great espresso every time. great crema and doesn't burn the coffee. Self tamping too.

You MUST have good beans make great coffee.

A good conical grinder used on those good beans is equally important.

Aeropress are nice and easy to use, but if you appreciate a good emulsion then they dont cut it. If you dont, then definately get one.