Coffee machines

Fark off with anything else at home except a burr grinder and an Aeropress. You will not beat it unless you buy a commercial machine. 

don't agree

I have a Krups espresso machine . Not a commercial machine. makes great espresso every time. great crema and doesn't burn the coffee. Self tamping too.

You MUST have good beans make great coffee.

A good conical grinder used on those good beans is equally important.

Aeropress are nice and easy to use, but if you appreciate a good emulsion then they dont cut it. If you dont, then definately get one.

Agreed. $600 domestic espresso machine, $200 conical burr grinder, good beans, and I can make better coffee than most cafes seem to manage. And you could certainly go cheaper than what I have and still get good results.

I get my beans from here: http://beanbay.coffeesnobs.com.au/

Not exactly the cheapest, but their "Espresso Wow!" blend is fantastic. They have two roast days per week, and they express mail them out so you pretty much always get them the day after they're roasted.

Mines a Cuisinart and it does the job.

Mines a Cuisinart and it does the job.

Dat_Surprise_No.gif

Ya just need one of these, and ya sweet…

1 Like

Been using an Aldi pod machine. Happy enough with it, though I’m not an overly discerning coffee drinker.

I bought a pod machine from kogan that uses nespresso pods. It's not bad but I'm pretty lazy and usually just put on a pot of coffee using the drip filter machine I've had for ages, it works ok, it can be hit or miss if someone else uses it but I've got the knack. :)

Ya just need one of these, and ya sweet...
Does Dane swan like coffee?!?

Thanks for the info on the Aeropress - amazing!

Thanks for the info on the Aeropress - amazing!

Sarcasm?

No. It is amazing.

Got an aeropress and milk frother for $62. Better than 99% of cafés I’ve been to and better than any machine I’ve used. Seriously contemplating buying another just to leave at work.

Still waiting on my hat though

Still waiting on my hat though

Won't filter the coffee very well.

No. It is amazing.
Got an aeropress and milk frother for $62. Better than 99% of cafés I've been to and better than any machine I've used. Seriously contemplating buying another just to leave at work.

is there a specific grind coarseness to use? (im sorry coffee nazis i dont know what its called)

No. It is amazing.
Got an aeropress and milk frother for $62. Better than 99% of cafés I've been to and better than any machine I've used. Seriously contemplating buying another just to leave at work.

is there a specific grind coarseness to use? (im sorry coffee nazis i dont know what its called)
Go as fine as you can, until it gets to the point where it's so fine you can't actually press the water through it ... Then you might want to dial it back a notch. Apparently the fineness of the grind can effect the taste but there's obviously a limit of how fine you can go.
That's rad YT, Aeropress are great. It's proof you don't need to be scientific or rich or entirely up yourself to make good coffee. Just two bits of plastic and some ground beans!

Nah thats right, there are grades to coarseness which relate to the style of coffee. plunger, drip, percolator, espresso, turkish (greek) etc etc.

So, got an aero press. Must say it’s quite good. I’m sure if you got the levels right it would be very close to an espresso coffee. I drink it black, so don’t have to mess around with milk.

$60 at Code Black in Brunswick with a bag of some great single origin Ethiopian stuff.

Blitz comes through again!

Go to a cafe

When at home drink tea

I have a crush on the barista at the local cafe.

I have a crush on the barista at the local cafe.

See! Who needs a coffee machine when there's a sexy barista just around the corner ;)

I went twice today. Hehehehe.