Cold Hard Fact - Carlton Loss Did Not Cost Us A Place In The Eight

Might well end up being the game that ultimately sparked us to a 3 peat, and a decade of dominance.

And what joy I’ll get from telling EVERY FarkCarltoner I know or meet, that it indisputably was … over & over, & over again. :smirk:

As embarrasing as it was, the fark Carlton loss was the catalyst for serious change - and thank god that happened.

Freo, Bulldogs, second Coll and Haw losses were also all worth the same 4 points too.

2 Likes

Everyone knows the real reason we aren’t playing finals this year…

Mark Neeld

1 Like

I know the Carlton loss was awful but we were far more pathetic against the Dogs. I was ready to kick dogs and throttle small children after that game

3 Likes

I was like that after the Freo game. I struggled to watch the full match.

1 Like

This

1 Like

Maybe so, but it was the loss which made me give up on this season.

When you look at the final standings we had a pretty tough draw. Copped Richmond, Collingwood and Hawthorn twice (3 of top 4) plus Port who strong at the start of the year. Freo was the other one.

We were 2-8 in those games which is probably a reflection of where we truly sit in the pecking order at the moment.

3-7 actually. But your point still stands

We won a grant total of one game on the MCG. One. That’s the reason.

Makes you wonder why you bothered donating to the flight plan when they don’t even train on the ‘G sized practice oval it funded. Disgrace.

1 Like

We would have lost to Hawthorn, Richmond and Collingwood at Docklands.

Agreed. I referenced that in another thread where the blame often goes to the Carlton game. This game was as bad IMO. Freo had just been pumped by 9 goals and we’d come off a round one win against the previous seasons Grand Finalists (even though there were some worrying signs in that game also). We were down by 39pts early in the last qtr against Freo. We rattled home with 5 of the last 6 goals or something similar to make the 16pt margin look respectable. The next week was real alarm bells for me though. The Dogs had been smashed by GWS & West Coast the previous fortnight yet we made them look like superstars, had they not been so innacurate (14.21 or thereabouts) we’d have been beaten by 10 plus goals. The game against Port in round 4 was our best performance in the first 8 weeks IMO, but the next four weeks were putrid against Pies, Dees, Hawks & Carlton (despite us kicking 10.18 which is likely what cost us the game). Sure, the Carlton game was the catalyst for change but the warning signs were there much earlier IMO.

6 Likes

Amazingly shithouse thread based on absurd logic, look at me arrogance and huge assumptions. Blitz officially enters off season and I for one am barracking for it.

If we had have beaten fark Carlton all that would have happened was spending a week of back slapping and saying “see, we are going in the right direction” and ot would have bought the coaching staff and football department more time.

Our next 4 games were cats, giants, lions and eagles (all away) so if we had have pinched one win there everyone would have used the excuse “oh, what a tough run that was. That’s ok, we will come out in the 2nd half of the year better for it” and that is after losing 3 games in 10 days from anzac day to the hawks game

But the loss to Carlton either forced the hand of the club or the club simply had enough and said “■■■■ it, change things NOW” and we did.

The carlton loss straightened us up if anything.

4 Likes

[quote=“BLOODSTAINED_DEVILS, post:9, topic:13918, full:true”]

How do you do that?

Any photographers here who could enlighten me?

1 Like

[quote=“Reboot, post:36, topic:13918, full:true”]

A Single Reflex answer, that Lens itself to the topic.

Better suited to North with Mazda…Zoom-zoom.

[quote=“Alan_Noonan_10, post:37, topic:13918, full:true”]

I don’t suppose you could develop that any further?

So if we’d have won by about 450 points, we’d be in.

Self pwnage much?

It’s not black and white.