College football thread

Couldn’t happen to a nicer guy.

1 Like

I get the feeling that won’t be the end of it.

1 Like

Michigan plan to seek an injunction.

1 Like

Wow ……that’s huge news

They have specifically stated that Harbaugh had no idea but they are suspending him anyway. That’s a little bizarre and I can’t see how that would hold up in court. If he hasn’t been found to be involved then how is suspending him appropriate?

"Petitti affirmed to Manuel that the league has not yet received any evidence indicating that Harbaugh was aware of the scheme.

This is not a sanction of Coach Harbaugh,” Petitti wrote. “It is a sanction against the University that, under the extraordinary circumstances presented by this offensive conduct, best fits the violation because: (1) it preserves the ability of the University’s football student-athletes to continue competing; and (2) it recognizes that the Head Coach embodies the University for purposes of its football program.”

I mean it is downright weird that you specifically state the coach had nothing to do with it and then you suspend him directly. How is that even remotely reasonable? That bolded bit is really strange. It isn’t directed at him but he is the one suspended?

2 Likes

What did they actually do? Work out what signs opponents were using to communicate? Weird. If the opponent is not allowed to work out your signs, why do you need to have signs?

This is a good explanation @frosty

2 Likes

Thanks. Still seems a bit blown out of proportion.

2 Likes

Way over the top. Not sure why they are punishing Harbaugh when he has so far not had anything to do with it.

Also, here’s an idea, let them use headphones.

3 Likes

100% ……same as the NFL

3 Likes

Seems like a no-brainer.

I mean college football has just been turned into a de facto NFL development competition for a long enough time now; might as well just assimilate it.

2 Likes

Noles hold on to win a tight rivalry game against Miami 27-20……FSU now 10-0……sitting Number 4 nationally I’m so happy ……we’re back !!

I wish I knew what it felt like to be back.

Who is your team ?

They’re not punishing him. They’re punishing the football team he represents. He’s just the mechanism used. They don’t want to punish the players and they don’t appear to have the ability to deduct points.

1 Like

Some really questionable calls in that game. That non safety was a complete disgrace.

Suspending the coach is punishing the coach, directly. They could just fine the uni.

That wouldn’t help the other teams who are the aggrieved parties.

Bruce Francis mentioned Michigan’s organisational chart yet?

1 Like

Say what now? Them McGuire’s are everywhere