Collingwood (Eddie) get nice little wack in Sports illustrated

Can quote the article but in this article about Patty Mills, Collingwood cop a wack in the world press. It’s right near the end.

Lol

Priori warning, that article is an example of well researched journalism, so some people might find it stange

Can’t access from work…

Tremendous article. Unbelievably well researched, like you said Ben, very strange reading a much deeper, longer article than I would ever expect to read about Indigenous Australia, particularly Torres Strait Islanders and Australia’s Indigenous political history, in an any magazine let alone an American sports magazine most famous for its swimsuit issue.

I think the Spur’s coach Gregg Popovich is worthy of a more than favourable comparison with Kevin Sheedy, celebrating his players cultural backgrounds on a world scale and recognising the gem he has in Patty Mills and building team culture around this celebration of diversity and what makes his players unique and special. All this and creating a championship winning team, I take my hat off.

Best sports article I’ve read in who knows how long.

Terrific article Ben. Thanks for posting.

American sports journalism is a zillion times better than ours.

EDIT: Actually reckon this thread title is ripping the article off. This is a brilliant, thorough piece of writing. It covers stuff that probably a lot of us don’t know, let alone Yanks, about indig & islander history. 1 assorted group of super-rich athletes in the American mid west probably know as much about this stuff as your average Australian.
I personally had no idea he was related to Eddie.

Thanks for posting ben

Also I’m pretty sure the current government would point out Mabo wasn’t any kind of leader, he just made selfish “lifestyle choices”.

Brilliant article, thanks for posting.

Someone send this in an email to Abbott.

Won’t fin d a better sports article anywhere this year it’s that good.

Really good read.

Didn’t mention the constitution though, which is a bit disappointing. Quoted Post

Also I'm pretty sure the current government would point out Mabo wasn't any kind of leader, he just made selfish "lifestyle choices".

GOLD

Quoted Post

Can't access from work...

Try this http://www.si.com/nba/2015/03/25/patty-mills-australia-san-antonio-spurs-bala-gregg-popovich?page=3&devicetype=default

Quoted Post

Also I'm pretty sure the current government would point out Mabo wasn't any kind of leader, he just made selfish "lifestyle choices".

Is this government the one led by a man who spends two weeks of his annual leave working on aboriginal settlements as opposed to his opposition who fly 3000km with 25 photographers to spend 3 hours having their photo taken for a feature article and fly back to Canberra the same day.

Quoted Post

Quoted Post

Is this government the one led by a man who spends two weeks of his annual leave working on aboriginal settlements as opposed to his opposition who fly 3000km with 25 photographers to spend 3 hours having their photo taken for a feature article and fly back to Canberra the same day.

Yeah that guy, the one who really knows how to waste 2 weeks

Quoted Post

Quoted Post

How has Tone improved the lives of aboriginals through his very private but public grandiose self congratulatory holiday tour of communities?
Quoted Post

Yep.
Don’t need to stress though, taxpayer will save heaps on travel once Tone’s shut all the smaller settlements. Then he can just do his promo tour in Healesville or Redfern.

Quoted Post

Quoted Post

ok, cant let this go, if Abbott is such a champion of indigenous affairs they why under his prime minster-ship has indigenous and TSL people had to deal with the worst program funding attacks since before they were given the right to vote?

What he cuts in spending he makes up for when he’s out in the communities for those two weeks fixing houses and getting the water connected, duh…

He only goes out there to find out which ones he should shut first.

Quoted Post

Quoted Post

Do you work in PR? Or maybe for the Libs?

Or are you just a fool?

Indigenous Australians are pretty sick and tired of being used as photo opportunities by Abbott and others. Civil rights and reconciliation has gone backwards in the past year, and ask Ben about the rising anger and frustration in our remote communities.

And you want to play politics.