Consumers getting screwed

Kogan already has a competitive advantage over Amazon. They’re based here. Yeah you pay 10% more, but you know what, we’ll have it at your door farking TOMORROW if you order it today. They could persue a policy like that if they wanted to compete.

Plus their main problem is not pricing, but the fact their products are sh/t.

2 Likes

Isn’t the go for Kogan that they sell products that are configured, and priced, for other parts of Asia that have cheaper prices.

Yeah it’s mainly “grey imports”.

Boxes in other language, not meant for aus market. Legally you have the same warranty protections but I think in practice it’s harder to do.

1 Like

Normally these changes are made at the behest of Gerry Harvey, who makes his money off retail real estate.

the guy that made kogan is trying to ditch it isn’t he?

They floated after buying (Dick) Smith’s

Screw Amazon.

I honestly couldn’t care less about the 10%, … but if I can buy something from the US for half of what Aussie sellers want to charge including shipping, or at 90% less from China . when they can & do, buy & ship in bulk and at wholesale type prices and should hence pay way less to buy from OS than I can, … it just doesn’t add up, and they can shove it.

Drop your huge profit margins, and work on quantity of sales/profit rather than quality of it, and be fkn competitive in a Global Marketplace, and I’ll happily buy from you GST or no.

It’s not that hard really.

Yeah why can’t Gerry Harvey employ robots, fire most humans and force the remaining ones to pee in bottles? Amazon’s where it’s at.

2 Likes

We’re talking about online sales right?

But JFTR, I’ve never been, and would never go to Harvey ferken Norman, regardless.

■■■■ service ■■■■ overpriced product, …and he’s a whiney greedy shitt of a bloke too.

This!

How petrol can go from $1.30 to $1.50 within just a few days is insane. Anytime a public holiday is coming up prices get jacked up

This is for Canada (Gas/Litres), but just as relevant here, except it’s worse, @ $1.50 plus, …

How TF do they justify the current prices at this Barrel cost??

Was just about to post something similar.

Incredible

Hadn’t noticed the petrol change until it hit 160 or something again recently. “Are we at war with iraq again?” I said out loud to myself.

We don’t get the daily, or even weekly, fluctuations, down here.

For months, we were on 129.9 cents/litre, then about 2 months ago, went to 139.9, and a couple of weeks back, went to 149.9.

No idea about the justification. Not sure if the petrol companies need any, because the ACCC is deaf to all suggestions of a cartel.

1 Like

It would not be that difficult for the ACCC to work out from the barrel price, what the Max costs would be for Fuel Co’s, and set a weekly, or even daily price per litre ceiling, … and fine their asse’s off if they breach it.

Makes me laugh to think people are worried about getting screwed when online shopping…luckily you can save your money to pay for all the other things you get screwed over and like the majority of Australians are quite happy to take it up the greg on a daily basis!

1 Like

Go into a Good Guys, then a Harvey Norman, you’ll see there’s twice the staff in Harvey Norman, serving half the customers. And their commissions are bigger, if they sell at sticker price.

Then if you stick it to them, the sticker price magically disappears and they’ll beat Good Guys pricing. Magic.

This is an interesting one. Consumers getting deliberately tricked into eating rice syrup and sugar syrup, and who knows what else. HALF the samples tested showed that the product was not pure honey. Interpol now involved. A good reason to buy proper, unfiltered honey if you can afford it.

3 Likes

I like that most people are shocked by this. Seriously guys, wake up.

But good on the supermarkets for donating to the farmers during this drought crisis, farmers do it tough, mainly as a result of the supermarkets putting undue pressure on them to sell their products cheaper.

4 Likes