Cooking

Whole shebang. But… she bought the bread! I didn’t have a fresh one ready and this was conjured last minute.

8 Likes

That looks like a great way to spend the afternoon. Whipped feta is awesome and roasted tomatoes taste great and make everything look beautiful too.

What’s this hanging in?

From.

On hooks, hanging from concrete reo bar.

Need a wide angle shot of the exterior. Looks like a nice rig

1 Like

Not sure what’s going on in the disco but the before shot looks awesome.

1 Like

Ricotta
Coconut Yoghurt
Dash of Sherry
Vanilla Protein Powder
Sweetner of choice (Erythritol)
Sprinkling on top with cinnamon & coconut sugar.

6 Likes

It’s called a Pit Barrel Cooker, can be found online, it’s not homemade or anything.

A few hours in now. Wrapped up like a baby and tucked in for the home stretch.

1 Like

What do you call that? And forgive the question, but how do you eat it?

Not sure what to call it.
It satisfies my sweet tooth.

Texture is pretty much like Rice Pudding, so dessert spoon it is.

1 Like
3 Likes

Chopped up roasted pork belly we had for our lunch.

3 Likes

Dinner is almost ready. Getting in early for the game.

3 Likes

looks more like a hand kinda dish

Knocked this up last night, but with Four Cheese (incl Gorgonzola, yum) Gnocchi, and put the Reggiano into the sauce to thicken rather than atop.

Also accidentally put too many peas in, and thought to crush a few of them to became more part of the sauce, and that worked very well.

Was the Ducks Nutz. :ok_hand:

5 Likes

Well I made Nagi’s Beef and Lentil soup tonight, and very nice it was.

It makes a lot, about 4 litres. Very tasty and just the right amount of kick from the paprika. It’s really a proper meal for a Sunday evening.

2 Likes

Italian Pork Cutlets. Taste really nice, might add some extra herbs to the sauce next time. The basil was needed otherwise it would’ve been a bit bland…

6 Likes

My weight has blown up since covid began so its back to calorie counting for me. Two weeks in and I’ve learned my balance of diet was pretty good but portions were out of control.

When i say out of control i mean one meal was probably two and a half meals…

Also my previously new pots and pans are still awesome. The way they retain heat and transfer the heat to the food is amazing. Garlic chips come out better than done in the oven. Beautifully browned when makes them oh so sweet and fragrant. Well worth the expense. Only small downside is the metal handles which means like a tv chef you need that hand towel on you when stirring or mixing.

1 Like

Also anyone have a fresh herb kit they recommend for a kitchen window sill?

I won’t say I’d gone out of control but definitely overdone the portions, drinking a bit too much and chocolate that I don’t need.

Have gone on 5-2 and just trying to also be a tiny bit more sensible in the main 5 days.

Trying to lose about 5-6 kegs. Only a bit over a week in and reckon I’ve come in one belt notch already.

If I get to the target I’ll relax on the 5 but try and stick reasonably strictly on the 2.

2 Likes