Cooking

That’s two eggs worth of calories!

Or a poached egg on a slice of sourdough!

I’ll just add to this, that if weight loss is your Goal, do not, under any circumstances, cook and eat the 4 Cheese Gnocchi recipe I posted earlier. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

4 Likes

Blitz baking brains trust, I want to buy a nice lame as a gift for a sourdough enthusiast. Does anyone have any experience with them? What to buy, straight vs curved blades etc?

I was gonna cook lamb fillets on the BBQ tonight but noticed some leftover egg and crunchy crumbs sitting on the bench so I dunked and rolled then fried. Threw snow peas into the pan towards the end and served with crunchy spuds. Big hit, even the vegos were interested.

4 Likes

I had a straight one. Lost it not sure where. It worked fine I reckon. But honestly I reckon a sharp serrated laser style knife works just as well…

Sorry if that’s not much help….

Thanks

1 Like

Thanks Dave, yeah I’ve only ever used a small serrated knife which seems fine. Just thought it might be a fun toy lol

1 Like

How did it come up, mate?

Give this a bash next time. I’ve done a few of his recipes (not this one) and they’ve all been :+1:

2 Likes

I haven’t done it yet. Had night shift the Friday and decided it would be easier to order a ribs and wings and sliders platter from the local pub. Was a great decision in the end. Will update when done.

2 Likes

Another winner from everyone’s favourite Nagi. Outrageously easy; I took a 15min break from work yesterday afternoon to prepare the whole thing and put it in the oven.
As with all slow cooked meats, better to play it by feel than time - my shanks were huge so they needed an extra half an hour, and as a result I had to add an extra half cup or so of water to keep the sauce from ending up as a paste.

6 Likes

Looks the business.

I used to do one in the slow cooker using chunks of chuck steak that Mrs Azza would rave about, but never done one with lamb shanks. Might have to give it a bash…

1 Like

How come mine didn’t come out.

Up yours Jezz, up yours Nagi.

2 Likes

11 Likes

I’m going to do her slow cooker beef pot roast on Monday.

Edit. It now being Monday, the “fiercely browned” rolled chuck is now in the slow cooker with a whole lot of carrots and other stuff. Fingers crossed.

2 Likes

Nagi is bringing out a cookbook next year. Going to be 160 recipes apparently.

I’ll be the first in line to get one (well maybe second, after @em2009)

2 Likes

I can’t wait!!!

I hosted morning tea this morning. I didn’t make the cakes. Everything was lovely.

12 Likes

Epic!

1 Like

Auspost must have lost my invite.

2 Likes

Just as a matter of interest, how many came to the morning tea? There’s enough for about 50 there! I wouldn’t know where to start. (One of those two cakes might be a possibility. :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:)

1 Like