Cooking

Braised Belgian endives and roast beetroot

If I could cook, just for me on Christmas Day.

Beef Wellington.

Love that dish.

Scalloped potatoes

Prosciutto & Cantaloupe

3 Likes

That’s an entrée. You can add fresh figs (quartered) and roquefort cheese.

2 Likes

Rest your meat when done,

When I cook meat all day on my weber, I still wrap it up and put it in the oven or esky to slowly come down to serving temperature.

Tastes so much better.

Might cook it for 7 or 8 hours and still rest it over an hour

1 Like

good call. My son has farked up two runs of chocolate mousse so far. 4 ingredients, how hard can it be :joy:

4 Likes

3 lamb shoulders, 100deg, 14 hrs.

They’re in the esky waiting to be eaten.

12 Likes

Every year my Nan makes snow peas, mushrooms and water chestnuts with a garlic and soy dressing. Something so simple, but in my mind it’s not Christmas without it.

4 Likes

Those look absolutely perfect. I hope they’re as good as they look.

Chrissy Lunch was a meat overload today.
Lamb, Turkey, Roast Pork, chickens, turkey rolls and turducken

7 Likes

11/10

Softened up a bit in the faux chambro, but I crisped them up a bit before serving.

Epic lunch.

1 Like

Thank you Blitzers for inspiring me to have a go … thanks to Nagi too. Best, most tender lamb we’ve ever eaten. 12 hours slow cook.

15 Likes

Something I’d never tried, but so simple. Green beans and zucchini sauteed in butter and garlic salt (and plenty of it). 2-3 mins. CB Jnr absolutely loved them.

1 Like

Awesome. It’s always great to hear people step it up.

I’m usually really anxious about a long cook up. But shoulders are pretty bullet proof, and that recipe was super easy for a big reward.

2 Likes

14 hours is interesting. why so long? i bet it was really good, but imo its completely unnecessary to cook them for that long and at such a low temp. a lamb shoulder can easily be knocked out in a few hours at higher temps due to the fat content. i regularly cook shoulders at 300F and get amazing pulled lamb. Just a thought if you CBF waiting 14 hours

1 Like

Few crays for us today

split them
charred them over charcoal
indirect until cooked, basting with creamy garlic sauce every 10 mins

11 Likes

Well the recipe called for 12 and we had a fair bit more in the oven. If it’s first time with the recipe I’ll usually follow it and then make adjustments.

The beauty of this was that we could put it on and let it cook overnight. Throw it in the esky. And then the oven was able to be used for everything else.

But I can try the 300f next time

1 Like

How good is leftover Xmas ham?

14 Likes

I picked up some free crays through work. Oven roasted some with a chimmichurri drizzle and the others were just with a bit of salt, pepper and vinegar.

Yum!

1 Like