Cooking

Jeeez, I’m in the wrong line of business. All i get is t-shirts.

2 Likes

Better than the SFA that I received.

4 Likes

I get the same as you plus bad back, bad knees and a probable sleep disorder.

4 Likes

“We used to drink out of a rolled up newspaper.”

4 Likes

The wife is crook today. All the symptoms of Covid but no positive test. I’ve taken some time off but still find myself working hard in the kitchen…

1. No Flu Soup - I’ve posted this before, but so good! I gave my friend the recipe over 15 years ago and she still uses it. Whenever anyone is sick in our household it’s the first thing I make.

1. Apple, Rhubarb, Strawberry and Ginger Crumble - Gluten, Dairy and refined sugar free. Might try and make some coconut whipped cream to go with it.

1. Aloo Palak with rice salad. Haven’t made this before but I’ve always enjoyed it when I’ve had it at an Indian restaurant.

15 Likes

5 Likes

About to go to dinner with my Lebanese best mate. We are both insisting on paying. Battle royale wog style as to who ultimately wins.

8 Likes

Have a really good wine or two and share the bill.

Yeah, but who has the shiftiest moves to pay the bill?

1 Like

Not how it works

2 Likes

Maltese

1 Like

Maltese 1, Lebanese 0

8 Likes

What’s the recipe for your No Flu Soup, looks very good.

1 Like

It chops and changes all the time.

But the base of it is lots of garlic, chilli and ginger. Add a normal persons amount and then double it :joy:

And then use 2L of stock of your choice. And one bunch of Boc choy. But if you don’t have Boc choy, use any leafy green. Yesterday I used silver beet because that was all I had. I also added mushroom, coriander (stem and leaves) and wokka rice noodles and salt and pepper.

Like I said yesterday, it’s versatile. So if you don’t have rice noodles then use whatever noodles you have in your cupboard or none at all. Or top it with bean sprouts or mint.

The only thing you can’t change is the chilli, ginger, garlic, stock and then some type of leafy green.

P.S: I may have made a cook book many years ago, but I don’t really use recipes :joy:

7 Likes

Thanks @Sconzie.

Unfortunately, I am allergic to garlic (I am the only Italian I know who has an allergy to garlic :woozy_face:)

Am going to make it though (without garlic) looks and sounds yum.

All the others probably died of it…

1 Like

6 Likes

Shun the witch! Shun the witch!

2 Likes

1 Like

This was dinner tonight. Can’t fault it.

12 Likes