Cooking

I made my roll. Unreal.

13 Likes

What were the green things Em?

Looks like sauteed long leaf spinach ?

I’m not sure what it is or what it’s called. My parents gave it to me. The closest thing I can find on the googles that resembles it is something called purslane.

It’s pickled.

1 Like

I follow a low Fodmap diet and I use these. No digestive issues for me.

3 Likes

Thanks @Hoffy will give them a try.

1 Like

Looks like rapini.

Tastes similar to broccoli but they are not in the same family.

2 Likes

Ive heard very good things about Kyneton EVOO in terms of purity and quality.
Its good stuff, very peppery.

1 Like

Must try that one. Thanks for the tip

Whaddya know I always thought they were the same vegie (it’s even called broccoli rabe) just a seeded old version of the plant but no “is not actually related to the broccoli but is in fact a cousin of the turnip”

1 Like

@Hoffy, sorry forgot to ask, the garlic replacer, can I get it at the supermarket or elsewhere ?

1 Like

Another successful Nagi recipe.

11 Likes

Nagi’s Chinese fried rice which tasted even better on a left over reheat (probably as the rice has sat longer which she recommended in her recipe but I didn’t do!)
Edit: I used extra eggs :grin:
Tonight is Terriyaki beef bowls :yum:

9 Likes

She’s just a legend. I’ll be making her muesli bars this week as I have all the ingredients.

1 Like

Sorry, @miss_ellie just saw your post now. I get it from Amazon.

1 Like

Brassica is a pretty big family - broccoli, cauli are fairly obvious, but rocket canola (rapeseed) and all those Asian things like Gai Lan, wombuk, bok choi. Collard greens down in Alabama.

I didn’t know so looked it up but seems rapini is also a brassica.

Anything those damn white moths eat!

Purslane is a kind of semi succulent. It grows as a flat spreading weed all over - most nature strips will have a bit. You can get a tall version for cultivation called Golden Purslane. It’s quite a pleasant taste, but kinda slimey. I’ve only eaten it raw. We used to let the chooks peck it - reputedly the highest omega 3 of any plant, and supposedly makes its way to eggs (not sure if true!). Lots of other vitamins also I think…

2 Likes

Teriyaki Beef Bowls - simple & delish. Nagi’s cook book

6 Likes

Also if you roast garlic I think it’s not as troublesome for the gut.

2 Likes

Made Yoghurt in the Instant Pot using Jalna Greek Yoghurt as the starter.

Once strained of Whey, its impressively thick, as demonstrated here…

Currently have a 36 hour ferment on the go in the Pot with an L-Reuteri strain.

1 Like