UnAustralian!

3 Likes

NZ marmite

Really are South Sea Poms!

BaaMite?

3 Likes

I’m more of a Promite fan.

2 Likes

I like this little segment. Players get looked after. I doubt they’d knock back a bottle of wine with it like i would though.

1 Like

Picked some a ripper lamb loins on the way home tonight. I guess it’s in season now.
Haven’t cooked it for a long time. Seared them in garlic butter then into the oven with rosemary for thirty minutes. Nice and pink inside. Just how I like it.

8 Likes

They look incredible, mate. Did you make a demi-glacé?

No I didn’t think it needed it. Let the lamb speak for itself. Maybe next time a drizzle of lemon as it was quite rich overall.

1 Like

What’s the best non meat ‘meat’ to shop for? Thinking of giving it a go

Chicken.

2 Likes

So, cooked up a non meat bbq while I had nothing to do.

Jack Fruit. Which is supposed to be like ‘pulled pork’ in its consistency.

Non meat Chicken nuggets.

Bacon.

The jack fruit actually isn’t too bad. Some of it really crisps up, and with a bit of bbq sauce, kewpie it’s pretty good. It’s packaged, so a little pickle-ish flavour which is perfect.

The nuggs. Well they look pretty good, and the ‘meat’ looks like a chicken mince. Pretty firm and a bit dry, with an odd aftertaste. Bit of kewpie and bbq sauce and they come good.

The bacon. Well, how goods bacon!!!?

3 Likes

I’ve had a lot of jack fruit as alternatives in restaurants and just often out of curiosity i’ve given it a go.

Probably the best ‘meat’ substitute i’ve ever had.

1 Like

Yep. I could pretty easily substitute it into tacos, sliders or where ever pulled pork would go. Doesn’t take 14 hours to cook either.

That is really interesting to read about the jack fruit.

Ate it 30 years ago when staying at an old deserted, then re populated commune up at a place called Burringbah. The 70’s hippies had planted the trees, and we were reaping the reward. Never would have thought of them as a cooked meat sub though.

Have to give it a go.

Never picked you for a hippy stoner. :joy:

3 Likes

I did.

4 Likes

This is an incredible food channel on YT.
Pretty much food ■■■■ in the best possible way.
So soothing watching food being prepared and cooked in nature, with only the sound of water, fire and wildlife…

3 Likes

Massive knife to cut that tiny piece of basil. Funny AF. :laughing: Definitely saving this channel. Cheers.

2 Likes

I almost get aroused watching these…

1 Like