COVID-19 - politics, blame and point scoring goes here

I’m just impressed that you actually created it!

And yes, I would love “take it to the blame thread” to be the universal response to the usual suspects in the other thread. We’ve got to be disciplined with this!

1 Like

Oh, and we also add any “the death rate isn’t actually that bad” discussion in here too?

I will be the party pooper and say that COVID is just not funny.

I reckon that all our Governments have done a good job considering that this was a novel event and they had to develop a strategy as they went along. And most have kept politics out of it, and the effort they PM and State Premiers have made to work together is good to see. Compare it to the USA and UK; my heart bleeds for my Mates in Houston.

I am in the greoup that is highrisk, but we are keeping safe ; I have friends who are absolutely paranoid and have cut themselves off from everyone and everything. I feel for those poor souls locked up in hotels and now in the high-rise apartments. If any of you have ever been into these buildings, you will know that they are quite confronting and depressing in normal times.

Yeah, I know humour is good for us, but I would rather make fun of FarkCarlton or ColliScum, than anything light-hearted on this.

2 Likes

There seemed to be a lot of pressure coming from the feds to open up borders earlier -particularly on dan Andrews.

1 Like

The thread was created out of frustration with serial whingers trying to point score and diminish the other thread. They can be diverted here. It wasn’t intended as anything else.

1 Like

GAGF

If you think COVID is funny then you are a farking dill. Sorry that I take peoples lives seriously, even yours.

Covid isn’t funny. But people need to be able to make jokes in this tough time. It’s the only thing that keeps a lot of people sane - “if you don’t laugh you’ll cry” and all that

5 Likes

I don’t think think
Covid is funny. It’s really serious.

This thread is just people venting because the main thread became so toxic.

I agree with the sentiment of your post. Especially the bit about all our governments doing the best they can in extraordinarily difficult times.

1 Like

I suggest this be renamed ‘the sh/taught’ thread. All of those who want to sh/tfight can have their fun.

If only Jay Neagle didn’t play on.

5 Likes

Q: What do David Beckham and Daniel Andrews have in common?
A: Both have ■■■■■■ Victoria.

2 Likes

You’re all sheeple, placed here by big pharma to prepare us for vaccinations. You know they have micro nano chips in those syringes that they will use to control us through their 5g towers.

3 Likes

Meh… what does Tom Browne think?

1 Like

He thinks?

yeah, this

I’ve literally used humour in every seriously ■■■■ time of my life

3 Likes

Don’t blame it on corona
Don’t blame it on china
Don’t blame it on the market
Blame it on a pollie.

I just can’t, I just can’t,
I just can’t stop hoarding up.

1 Like

Whats the story with flying in and out of Melbourne?

2 weeks quarantine if going interstate? Or not allowed to fly full stop as health risk is elevated?

Dont even have to change a single word

Load up on guns, bring your friends
It’s fun to lose and to pretend
She’s over-bored and self-assured
Oh no, I know a dirty word

With the lights out, it’s less dangerous
Here we are now, entertain us
I feel stupid and contagious
Here we are now, entertain us
A mulatto, an albino, a mosquito, my libido
Yeah, hey

Given it looks like you’re all going to be locked inside again and it’s up to the rest of the country to do our bit to keep the overall economy going I am offering a community service… I will happily accept donations to go out to all the restaurants to support them.

6 Likes

9 Likes