COVID-19 Round 10 - are we there yet?

Could be that the woman previously had COVID, then suffered a respiratory illness and of course you test for COVID and the old infection comes up - The test will be if anyone else is infected.

Managed isolation quarantine. Hotel quarantine.

1 Like

The press conference was strongly hinting that she was most likely infected in the hotel. At this point it doesn’t seem to be panicking people.

How does she get infected in the hotel if she is isolated?

Biggest concern for me is that she started getting symptoms on january 15th but didn’t get a test until 21st. Still they are suggesting she is probably fairly low risk. No talk of lockdown measures yet.

Cross contamination with another traveller who is infected I guess.

Victorian hotel quarantine inquiry is still asking the same question!

2 Likes

Working just up the road to one of Hobart’s QH the other day, squaddies in uniform and masked up outside, and a woman was shaking her towel/ bed sheet over the balcony!!

1 Like

Muscle aches on the 15th, apparently no other symptoms at that time. TBH I had not associated muscle aches on their own as a symptom.

Sounds like he was infected by someone in HQ and they have a missing link.
Wonder if they test HQ staff often enough to be able to catch the case.

OTOH…
Maybe they caught it from another HQ through items that weren’t cleaned well enough. If the mutated virus is more infectious (can bind to receptors easier) then it’ll bind to surfaces easier.

The sale of any form of paracetamol has been banned from pharmacies here in China to flush people out that may have a fever.

1 Like

But mah elimination!

1 Like

Choice as bro

1 Like
6 Likes

The article I read suggested she was “travelling through Spain and the Netherlands over the past 4 months before returning to NZ”. Sorry what? Nah, you’re not allowed in. Come back later.

By mistake.

Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine has been granted provisional approval by the TGA for use in Australia:

2 Likes

Might still be a bit before significant numbers of people here see the vaccine
They’re way behind their production for the US, and I’d imagine the US would be leaning on them pretty heavily to get priority

Seeing how the vaccine has been approved 1 day before ‘straya day, we now know who the strayan of the year will be… Good ol’ Brendon Murphy, yep, the same guy who helped stitch Essendon up.

1 Like