COVID-19 Round 10 - are we there yet?

On the AZ vaccine if your super super unlucky, unlike some other places if it made you really sick you can sue AZ.

AZ won’t be doing the paying(our govt. will), but you can seek damages.

It’s not the best deal because it would probably cost a lot to take the legal action and there wouldn’t be huge numbers available for a class action unless some serious problem does happen with a batch of our vaccine and there’s plenty of participants.

It’s the same with the Pfizer and (eventually) Novavax vaccines too.

Re elderly/at risk do you mean those in aged care homes covered under Phase 1a have all received their second dose?
Rollout for 70+ living elsewhere and health compromised under Phase 1b is just beginning

Yep, only those as part of 1A.

A pathetic rabble that has kept us safe.

We should be applauding the strong and decisive State Governments we have. Yep ScoMo deserves some abuse but they have done better than nearly every other place on earth.

Europe is still totally screwed, USA and Brazil are still death camps and Africa is just about to explode.

So continue to follow the rules and quit your whining.

1 Like

Nah, I’ll continue to bemoan the parlous state of politics in this country and our leaders, and those that celebrate them. Don’t like it, you know where the ignore button is.

Bacchus + political speak = :confounded:

I will continue to advise you to lead a positive life and not be a negative naysayer.

In fact, we probably have overall the best group of State Premiers I can recall. No real duds, and while they all still have some weird and poor MPs in their Houses, they are getting found out and dealt with.

Federally Labor and the Greens are also in good shape. Sadly it is a bizarre bunch of LNP religious misfits and perverts that is tarring the whole system, supported by an evil media circus.

You will feel better when you have your vaccination.

2 Likes

I assume you’re confining your praise purely to the premiers’ COVID response, because while I know you’ve seen a fair few more MPs than me, I cannot imagine anyone applauding the rife corruption that’s been going on in NSW for the last 5-6 years.

Edit: genuinely thought I was in the politics thread, mb :confounded:

1 Like

Politics thread, plz. Or that COVID blame thread.

4 Likes

Fair.

Yep.

There are very few MPs who are actually corrupt. Many can be arrogant and stupid, and think that they know better than their advisors or us dumb voters.

A bloke like Matthew Guy is actually a very decent human being, but his judgement was off on many issues and having friendships with criminals was naive. Even Dan’s being mates with Lindsay Fox is poor judgement politically.

Our local member was sacked for corruption, when it was actually poor political judgement. He followed the rules in getting payments for travel, but he used the rules in fact to get an advantage. You and I can do this and get away with it, but not a Pollie, so he paid the price.

As I always say, our MPs are just a reflection of our society, but they forget they are held to a higher standard.

New local case in QLD with no known source of infection.

Here’s hoping its just shedding.

1 Like
1 Like
1 Like

We’re supposed to be welcoming most of the wife’s family from Brisbane next week…

hmmm

this will be interesting…

1 Like
5 Likes

So its all going to plan?

:wink:

7 Likes

Missing our revised target by 900,000 which in turn missed our original target by several million.

But sure, let’s all talk about how terrible border closures are again!

3 Likes

“How Good is Australia!!”

3 Likes