COVID-19 Round 11 - Year 3 of…

Qld death was 80yo returning from the Phillipines with some of his family ( now in HQ) , may have come on a repatriation flight via Singapore ( edit may have been PNG). As he tested negative prior to flight, the death was assigned to Australia. Privacy considerations preclude the release of any other info.

1 Like

There are still so many over 50’s to do and they are nowhere near at a point where this is working with the AZ supplies that will soon be released from the testing out of production. Even with the so called 4000 local GP locations, it makes no sense to delvier max vaccinations this way from a logistical POV
Sure a lot of older people need to be consulted by their GP, but that can still be separate from delivering the actual Jab and getting those doses out which itself seems to be the main issue. There are still a lot of over 50’s that could easily just drive up and get jabbed whenver they can get their ■■■■ together

1 Like

I’m in 2a but would happily jump in a line to get the jab asap.

1 Like

Me too

1 Like

Good to see I wasn’t the only one to lodge a email stating my displeasure at the wording of the NZ travel bubble
Has now been changed so that short trips are allowed. Can now go to Auckland for a few days

3 Likes

Whoever redesigned the infographic template should be promoted. That looks miles better than any previous iteration.

1 Like

It doesn’t tell you what the split for the 8 active cases are: from the above I can only tell local cases are between 0 and 3.

2 Likes

Could probably also take the vaccine numbers off the infographic until such time as those numbers are actually impressive!

Believe the other 3 are from previous HQ cases? At least that’s the way it has seemed watching that stat for a few weeks. But yeah, that part is not clear.

I know because I’ve seen it rise from 0 to 8. But as soon as we get a local case, and can’t tell when they recover, it’s entirely opaque.

Needs something like:

Cases New Active
Local 0 0
International 5 8
3 Likes

So how long until we bungle another HQ system? Over/Under is at 3 weeks

1 Like

I think covid live gives you the active case breakdown of local v os.

Indeed it does

having a vaccine a year or so into a pandemic is impressive

5 Likes

There was one from overseas, then a subsequent daily of two. So all eight are from overseas.

Yep, I thought even if we had a vaccine by now, they’d be nowhere near as good as some are.

Pfizer and Moderna standouts: >90% effective against symptomatic illness (and some data indicates against infection altogether) are way beyond anything I expected for first generation COVID vaccines.

4 Likes

Sputnik V vaccine being associated with deaths - which by itself doesn’t mean much - but notice being provided to the EMA via a whistleblower, rather than through normal channels.

Mrs Fox had her first shot of AZ this week, she had a head-ache and some sniffles but was OK again after 24 hours.

I was surprised that she was not given any document that showed she had been vaccinated. Has anyone else got one ?

1 Like

She should have got an email also telling her when she’s due for the next jab