COVID-19 Round 13 - IT'S NOT A RACE!

Got my 2nd shot of Pfizer this morning. Apart from a very mild headache (that I also got after the first shot) I haven’t had any side effects yet.

15 Likes

I always miss out on the good stuff! I’ll be getting jabbed at that time!

2 Likes

I reckon it kicked in 12 hours later. Felt like a hangover, then shivers, then cold sweats. Definitely flu like symptoms, but only lasted a little while.

2 Likes

That’s what I think too so I’ll be going straight to do my grocery shopping for next week after my jab.

2 Likes

I see a bad moon rising…

1 Like
3 Likes

that table is not a great trend. slowly growing not plateauing

I guess its slow though and delta is meant to be fast.

It shows Sydney has only 4 days left to move to a hard lockdown.

2 Likes

I don’t have enough beer and toilet paper.

2 Likes

Got the same about 15 hours after. General feeling of ‘not right-ness’ I only associate with fever onset. Aches and pains. Felt alright few hours later or maybe had 3 beers, can’t pinpoint the moment of alright-ness

1 Like
2 Likes

Look in the mirror @BERT.
You’ve turned into a muppet.
This might send folk back to the Land of AZ.

3 Likes

Can’t see deaths not occurring as a result of that trend above. I think all it will take is one person of a relatively young age and the messaging around AZ will flip immediately.

1 Like

Umm…

The Rage reporting that 1 in 10 of NSW Covid infected is in hospital.
Does that one line up with recent figures in other States with local cases?

1 Like

I feel sorry for contact tracers.
I saw a tweet from a friend of one recently that said they are so utterly frustrated because no one in Sydney was doing the right thing at the moment.
No one was isolating when they should be, even after being told to isolate.
Everybody was out and about ignoring the looming danger of the pandemic.
Lulled into a false sense of security, I suppose.

2 Likes

It’s interesting how our minds perceive doubling of cases depending on the size

From 5 to 10 to 20, ah it’s ok. From 20 to 40 it’s a bit more serious but still small enough.

But really it’s allready doubled 3 times in the last two weeks which if that trend-continues means NSW will have 300 cases a day in a fortnight.

Not with the stage of the rollout we’re at and the incoming supply of Pfizer.
TGA will still be saying that Pfizer is preferable for U60 unless we a) have 100s of deaths among U60 in a couple or months, b) our Pfizer supply ■■■■■ the bed, or c) some health issue arises from the Pfizer vaccine among that age group.

I feel like they’re going to end up like a marathon runner that kicks at the 30km mark and stumbles as they enter the stadium but hopefully I’m wrong.
It’ll definitely give us an indication of what sort of vaccinated % we will need here one way or another.

1 Like