COVID-19 Round 14 - tiering into the abyss

Woah. Itā€™s very contagious. Someone with shingles can pass it on as chicken pox, but not shingles. In fact last year in the big lockdown this happened in our household.

1 Like

What stage of the plan is the rapture?

4 Likes

@Glu
What kind of alert system are NSW using to urge testing and do contact tracing?
I recall last year we had certain LGAs target tested by sending SMS messages to anyone who had used those mobile phone towers.
Also, are they predominantly sending SMS messages to contacts alerting that they are contacts before interviewing them? There was a perception that they were more ā€˜hands onā€™ during previous outbreaks with more phone calls made, but Iā€™d gather they are so swamped that a lot of gaps are occurring.
Sutton mentioned during our outbreak last year that at around 50 daily cases it becomes harder and harder to contact trace. This has certainly been shown to be a marker as NSW have struggled with the case load.
There are still situations that people are being told a week later that they are a contact which is concerning.
Itā€™s pretty clear that the infectious in the community isnā€™t attributed solely due to idiots ignoring symptoms but also because tracers canā€™t get to all contacts.

I note that there was a reporting error somewhere so their under investigation numbers actually went up yesterday.
They are at 836 cases under investigation which is around 5 days worth of cases.
Iā€™ll have to check through my old data, but I think thatā€™s in front of where we were during our peak (we were around 6 to 7 days for memory). But then once the Vic Gov interface changed and we were forced to show contact tracing data (which also occurred during a heavy lockdown and as case load was reducing) that reduced down to 3 to 4 days pretty quickly.

I donā€™t think NSW will want our contact tracing help. Contact tracers would welcome the help, but NSW Gov donā€™t want people answering questions thatā€™ll paint their situation in a different light. Just like our ā€˜pen and paperā€™ approach was critiqued, they wonā€™t want to be defending their processes in the open. You can they are uneasy about the few journos that turn up to their briefings and question their authority.
And Iā€™m sure Hazzard will continue to be his pompous usual self.

Thread

1 Like

I gotta stop reading this stuff first thing in the morning. Just depression fuel for the rest of the day.

11 Likes

Totally

So we all have to get a vaccine that doesnā€™t stop you from carrying it to the vulnerable.

But the majority of the population would never have got overly sick anyway?

Is that right?

But itā€™s ruined people financially, created enormous mental health issues.

Is that right?

Still scratching my head a bit.

Happy to be enlightened.

This is going to go well

6 Likes

Reduces the risk of hospitalisation and death - good enough for me, guess you have to make your own choice.
My favourite part is how around the world have let it run rampant and created this new more infectious Delta strain. So looking forward to the double Greek letter incarnation of this virus when it arrivesā€¦

The new world:

1 Like

Covid-19, directed by John McTiernan

ā€œIf it breathes, we can kill itā€

9 reports that possibility of snap lockdown for brisbane. Usually they do it at 6 pm that day. Ill spew up if i canā€™t go to the footy tonight

1 Like

Yep. Itā€™s a buzz killer, but head on over to the match day threadā€¦

2 Likes
1 Like

:worried::worried::worried:

@Wanderlust with have a field day with this if thereā€™s not even a crowd for our Game tonight, ā€¦ Hoooo, wee. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

I wouldnā€™t be surprised. The student at Indooroopilly high has had the potential to spread to many. Huge contact tracing needed with not only on students but a subject selection expo held at the school was attended by other students, parents & reps from other tertiary institutions.
:crossed_fingers:

1 Like
11 Likes

And everyone will go nuts in the Xavier Campbell thread if weā€™re stuck playing in Queensland for a few weeks because of border issues.