COVID-19 Round 19 - Stick a Forklift in it

when their symptoms dropped, isn’t it? good enough for vic govt

2 Likes

You’ll be fine…

1 Like

Must all still be delta …

1 Like

glu said 3/4s in vic is delta still. and glu wouldn’t lie

Workmate has same situation, RAT came back negative, but kid showing symptoms now so they’re getting PCR.

125 posts were split to a new topic: Is NatalieDons… is not good

Were they a contact previously (doing iso) or a case that had possible recovered?

Do. Not. Like. Either the Vic or NSW numbers. Pretty big chance that it will be a new record, and probably 3/1 that we crack 100 deaths. In a day.

Do we know what the lag is between case numbers and deaths yet? I really hope this is as bad as it gets.

7 days is our current work procedure, positive test, wait 7 days return to work no need to retest.

1 Like

No idea for omicron, but earlier strains were about 2.5 weeks, so perhaps this is close to peak?

1 Like

Ouch.

I certainly think there’s some Delta mixed in, but it’s been far and away mainly Omicron for some time now. Unfortunately, they don’t give us any data on the split.

Mind you, the testing numbers are so low now, and most people have gotten used to high numbers, so plenty won’t bother testing/reporting.

I’d be curious to hear from those in hospitals whether we are now seeing more people in older age brackets showing up at hospitals, as that’s my expectation. Raw numbers declining, but deaths remaining steady or even increasing for a time.

Even Omicron, as mild as it is, is no endemic flu. IMO, even influenza shouldn’t be minimised. So many people think their colds are “flu”.

1 Like

Mother of Little ASB off the phone, and now the Dept of Edu are handling daycare/school contacts in TAS

We have been told " children are not deemed close contacts of supervisors/teachers at daycare centre, no need to isolate, business as normal"

2 Likes

DH considers that you’re no longer able to be infectious after 7 days from your first positive test result.

If you wanted to be ultra conservative, then use the old metric. 10 days from onset of symptoms or first positive test result, plus at least 2 days with no symptoms.

Retest is pointless, as a positive result doesn’t necessarily relate to infectiousness.

2 Likes

12 off at our facility today but only 1 of my crew.
Bad part is that he is my 2IC so looks like my weekend off is no more. Hopefully only need to come in for a couple of hours on Saturday and Sunday

1 Like

Our local government early in the Omicron outbreak said it was 10 days.

I think somewhere between that and your 2.5 weeks is probably right.

2 Likes

18 deaths in Qld, 12 in Aged Care, one in their 30s ( unvaxed).
Imagine that the deaths were not in one single day, similar to a recent bump in ACT, followed by zero the next day

Eeek. Will SA and Tassie and ACT bring up the 3 figures (currently in the nervous nineties…)

Sadly I think so. :cry:

Bloody hell. 39 deaths? Terrible.