COVID-19 Round 19 - Stick a Forklift in it

It’s now ok to RAT for a mate

PM on now after NatCab , long lead in how good’s the Australian economy, passionate about getting young people into jobs - hear tell there are some forklift vacancies.

1 Like

I was just thinking, I wonder how many of the countries below us on the cases per capita scale don’t officially register RAT positives, because that would also make a big difference between official figures and actual figures.

EDIT: Not to mention testing fatigue. Some countries have had high cases for so long, many may simply be uninterested in testing anymore. For us, high case numbers are still relatively new.

1 Like

I got 2 packs from SuperPharmacy last Saturday. $27.95 for 2 RATs, so $55.90 all up plus postage. Their non-express (11 days) arrived this morning - 4+ days later.

(I tried to remove all ambiguities with the 2’s)

1 Like
5 Likes

school kids can forklift them around?

11 Likes

Big ANNOUNCE for NatCab

• will not proceed with forklift licences for 16yo
  • but more flexibility in truckie licences ( recognise NZ) and adjustments to rest times etc.
  • each jurisdiction to take its own decisions on school opening, Commonwealth will support them.

If anyone read my post on air purifiers in the last thread, the ones pictured here were one of the better ones.

5 Likes

One of my staff is isolating due to being a close contact in their home. Their second child has just tested positive today. Do they restart isolation from today or the first one?

today.

we’re in the same boat.

2 Likes

Restart unfortunately. It’s worse being a close contact than actually having Covid. Apart from the cough, that is.

2 Likes

Journos at PM presser hammering the PM and CMO on return to school, re likely cases and RAT adequacy for testing, iso.
Maybe a few of them have young schoolkids.

smart move, lining them up early for those forklift gigs

5 Likes

your mate @Heffsgirl ?

1 Like

PM doesn’t hold the hose on Childcare - States regulate, Feds only finance he says, not the same as Aged Care, up to States to find RAT supplies for them

• same for schools, notwithstanding return and maintaining school opening a core element in Fed policy

PM notes symptomatic and close contacts can be tested free at State test sites.

• can’t sheet home the blame to Feds on RAT undersupply.
1 Like

So they’ve left quarantine and then back in again due to another infection?

The quarantine clock doesn’t reset anymore for non infected cases as is my recollection.

@Glu ?

1 Like

At least journos haven’t taken the bait by asking Qs on this, not allowing themselves to be reduced to clickbait journos, some serious substantive QS going on , drawing them out.

• risks will go up with symptomatic working, more cases, but risk mitigation now the approach, living with the virus.
1 Like

You used to have to restart isolation from today, but that changed earlier this month. Future household infections only extend the isolation time of the newly positive person. The household members still need to produce a day 6 or 7 negative RAT to leave isolation.

You should monitor for symptoms post the second positive case, and if symptoms occur, a PCR is then preferred.

If you wanted to be conservative, you could restart the 7 days isolation, but there is no requirement to do so.

Is that actually documented anywhere? We’ve been puzzling over the requirements all week and nothing I’ve found seems to spell it out clearly?

I have this directly from someone in contact tracing management. I double checked.

It is hard to keep up with the constant changes.

3 Likes