COVID-19 Round 19 - Stick a Forklift in it

so basically removing worker safety regulations that businesses have been lobbying to remove since god knows when. good stuff.

2 Likes

Yeah, we were told the same by a doctor, but it didn’t seem logical and as mentioned, it’s not spelt out anywhere, either way.

I guess, if you think about it, someone tests positive day 1. household member #2 positive on day #3 , if household member #3 is still negative at day 6 then they’ve probably avoided contact with both #1 and #2 anyway. If they then develop symptoms day 8/9 then back into iso they go.

But it seems a bit counterintuitive. And may partly explain why we’re getting so many cases, lol.

Edit: And is contact tracing even a thing anymore!?

1 Like

I just looked through the info. It isn’t spelled out clearly, but as I said, I have confirmation directly that extension is no longer necessary from a couple of weeks ago.

It is counterintuitive. It isn’t what you’d call best practice for keeping infections low, but that’s where we’re at with this pandemic. All the pressure is to open up and stay open.

Yes. Contact tracers are still working, but for the general public, mainly providing advice nowadays. They still work with key locations or industries to help them through interruptive outbreaks.

2 Likes

Actually, it IS spelt out on that page:

If another person in your household tests positive during your 7 day quarantine period as a household contact (in addition to the initial case) your 7 day period doesn’t start again.

Many thanks

@beastie , see above.

5 Likes

so you’re one of those people

2 Likes

Interesting how the mainly Pfizer country in Israel are up top of new infections.

And Omicron in the UK is relatively low.

The UK I am assuming is mainly AZ Az then boosted Pfizer?

I wonder how much AZ was taken here in the end as a percentage of vaccinations?

We’re besties

A non- yank? Quite.

2 Likes

Well certainly the most prevalent demographic here in the current outbreak are all pfizered. It’s an interesting point. I’ll see if Denmark were mainly pfizer.

Edit: Denmark never approved AZ. Its a mix of Moderna, Pfizer, JJ (which was approved later) and now Nova.

Yes, but Dr Coatsworth was against these because they cause a culture of fear!

Dr Coatsworth is an anagram of Doctors Wrath

2 Likes

30 million doses of Pfizer, 13.7 million doses of AZ, 2.4 million doses of Moderna to January 16th in Australia.

Which is roughly 30% of administered doses.

Further, in the UK a total 49 million doses of AZ, 47.2 million doses of Pfizer and 3 million doses of Moderna to January 5th.

Which is roughly 49% of administered doses.

1 Like

Also, perhaps Israel spares no expense to test as many people as possible when numbers are high, whereas UK don’t care about testing?

UK I think under 40’s weren’t allowed to receive AZ.

So… they’re a great idea then?

1 Like

I think Dr Coatsworth is an anagram of farkwit. Dyslexia can be a gift.

8 Likes

Fabio has a set against Crabb and OzSage.
Fabio not one to stay in his lane, or to offer views from the perspective of a clinician.
Vic presser yesterday had a Doctor at a hospital talking about managing the crisis under Code Brown, she qualified her presentation to the effect that she was speaking as a clinician.

1 Like

Little miss jetster’s all pfizered up, took it like a trooper, trip to toy world helped🤣

6 Likes

Round 19 - Stick a forklift in it.

14 Likes

WTF, delivery before an ANNOUNCE

You’re doing it wrong!

Thank you all so much!